11

Kaz had come up with a plan to disguise as a guard to get into the Little Palace

Kaz had come up with a plan to disguise as a guard to get into the Little Palace. Given the fact all of the guards were male, it left Shan in a bit of a predicament.

Talentless and stuck, she seemed to be the only one not with an easy way in.

That didn't mean she didn't have a way in, that is.

On their way searching for taverns Shan had caught a glimpse of a rather nice dress shop, far too expensive for half of the locals but for tourists that came to see the Palace, it was a perfect money maker. Business wise, she was rather impressed.

Kaz seemed to think he'd be able to forge a fake invitation to the winter fete for her to get in and after all the passports and identifications he had forged without fault in the past, she was going to give him the benefit of the doubt and trust him.

All she had to do was procure the right outfit.

Her jewellery were expensive enough, but she'd need a dress that wasn't torn.

Given the fact she didn't trust his judgement on her zize, Shan made her way to the dress shop at a busy time of the day. The place was small and only had one older woman manning the shop. With five other customers looking at clothes and only two tiny dressing rooms, it became rather easy to pinch one of the dresses without anyone knowing.

While the owner went to help another woman in the dressing room, Shan stole a red dress she'd had her eye on for a while and counted on the fact all the other customers were too snobby and full of themselves to notice anything outside their own bubble, so tucked the folded dress beneath the bench in the empty changing room.

All she had to do was grab another random dress, ask the owner in passing if she could try it on, and head inside the dressing room with the stashed dress.

Feign putting on the random one while packing the other deep inside her satchel, glad for the thin but well made fabric and the rest of her belongings with Kaz to allow room.