Chapter 20- Lake Trip With The Bad Boy Pt. 2

Start from the beginning

We decided to spring his arrival on everyone tomorrow just in case my mom was furious and made us leave. I still wanted this weekend with him to be special so just to be of the safe side we chose to use tomorrow as the setting for our news.

The screen read one new message and I smiled when I saw that it was from Brody.  It's a good thing the we each found one specific spot we could get semi cell service with. That's why I chose this specific spot to sit tonight. You know just in case he decided to text me. He can also get service if he stands next to the sink in the kitchen but that's it. It sucks but it's better than nothing, right? 

Brody: Did it work?

I chuckled to myself as I texted back a reply.

Me: Better than you know.

A few seconds later I got back a reply.

Brody: Intrigued. Say more.

Me: Blake, his parents and my mom and dad have fallen victim to your scheme.

While waiting for his reply I noticed Heather and Callum standing romantically in front of the lake and I instantly started to miss Brody. I think this is what love sick feels like. Without another thought I I quickly sent him another message.

Me: What company?

Brody: Yours? Always.

I couldn’t keep the goofy grin off my face from his text. He wants my company. That right there was reason enough for me to leave and go to him. And why not? He was mine now, for real this time.

I stuff my phone into my pocket and immediately take off in the direction of Brody’s cabin. And for some reason I don’t know why, I was feeling slightly nervous. I suppose it could be the fact that this would be my first time being alone with Brody since we became a real couple. Or it could be the fact I had developed real genuine feeling for him and they scared me. Not because they were for Brody but because how strong they were. I can honestly say I don’t think I’ve felt this way for anyone I’ve ever been with.

After brushing past the many green trees and bushes separating our cabins I finally arrive exactly where I want to be. Steadying my breathing I force myself to close the distance between me and the door.

This is not a big deal. It’s not like you losing your virginity tonight.

Whoa. Where did that come from? I wasn’t even thinking that. This sure doesn’t help my nerves tonight. Now I’m sure I won’t make it through this night. Not thinking things like that!

Clear your head Farrah.

Yeah I’ll just clear my head. That can’t be so hard right?

Don’t think about it.

Ok this is not working. Now because I’m trying not to think about Brody and I in that situation that’s all I can seem to think about.

Wait let me try this.

Kittens. Think of Kittens. Sweet, little fluffy kittens. Grey kittens, Black kittens, orange kittens, white kit-

“Did you forget to knock?”

My mind instantly snaps from my thoughts and look up to see Brody smirking at me. I almost immediately feel the blush rushing to my cheeks. Well this is embarrassing.

“I um…I was just…I just got here.”

Smooth, really smooth.

“Says the girl who’s been in lala world for the past five minutes.”