The question was the start of several medical terms, quick actions, and the process of revival from a severe cardiac arrest they were fighting against. The next few hours in the room with adrenaline rushing through her veins, she forgot her last half-eaten meal or the fact that she was in the 21st hour of her shift. Her end of shift and rotation was long forgotten as her mind worked extra fast in the case of a 32-year-old man who suffered from a silent cardiac arrest.

"Vena cava stable now" she assessed the stage and cheers erupted. Everyone sighs with relief and fatigue.

"Another saves Qureshi," her fellow doctor said, the smile of relief evident in his features.

"Teamwork Maqbool, Teamwork" she chuckled.

He shook his head laughing "So humble"

"Why Thank you kind sir" she joked and threw her soiled gloves in the bin. "Now I get to deliver the happy news to Dadi-Ji."

This was the best part of being a doctor, pulling long shifts, starving, and working under pressure did not matter until the greatest joy, to see relief donning the family's faces when you tell them the news of success. It was like the best gift a doctor could ask for. They shower them with all the blessings in the world and remember them for life.

With her best smile, she walked towards the lady who sat on the edge of her seat, looking tired and more aged in past years. "Your son is all right Dadi-Ji. He's stable now. We'll be keeping him under observation for the next 36 hours and then we can shift him to another room."

"Th...Thank you" she croaked, tears of happiness falling down her eyes. She took her palms in hers and kissed them, blessing her with all the happiness in the world. "You saved him."

"Now you take some rest okay? We don't want your son to get up and find you all sick and tired now. Right?"

The woman nodded slowly, her lips trembling.

"Sana" a voice called from behind and she snapped at the voice. She frowned seeing the head nurse panting and running towards her in quick steps.

She gave a smile to the older woman and covered the distance between them. "What got you frantic like that Appi?"

The woman pulled her to the side, tone shushed "I told you not to treat that girl without paperwork, suicide cases are not to be taken in against standard protocols, Sana. Now Mr. Adami got the whiff and he wants to see you in his cabin."

Sana tries speaking when Nurse Arefa cuts her off.

"No. Listen to me. You go tell him that her parents pestered you to take her and start treatment. I'll get everyone on the same page here so he doesn't lash out at you. This is already the fourth time in a year."

"Appi I'm not lying, it's against my ethics."

"You and your ethics will kill you someday Sana. Just do what I say. Senior Mr. Adami is also not there today or else he would have saved you" Arefa whined, wiping her face down. Eyes praying to God for some help.

"I'm not afraid of him and I don't need Chacha-Jaan to protect me. I'll deal with this owl on my own" Sana grumbled, huffing. Pulling her coat sleeves up she started walking towards the lift.

"Sana..."

"I got it, Arefa Appi. Everything is in control so now don't think so much or you will have to ask Jameel for an Anti-ageing pill" she said back turning, laughing as the elder woman scoffed. She winked at her while walking backward.

"Don't rile him, Sana."

"I know the drill, Appi" She showed two thumbs up to the older woman who still glared at her with disagreement.