𝐻𝓊𝓇𝓉𝒾𝓃𝑔- Chapter 12.

Octavia's POV:

It has been three whole days since I had declared mine and Blade's friendship to be over.
Within this time he has showed up at work, my home & even the supermarket in hopes of getting me to talk to him.
As much as it hurts to ignore him, we cannot continue on with how we were.
It is evident that the beast inside me has some weird connection for him, however- me , I do not.
He is nothing but a controlling, self entitled asshole.

" Octavia?. " Tico interrupts my thoughts, handing me more bottles to stock the shelves.
" Yeah Tico?. "
" I said; are you coming to the clubhouse tonight? Kali is throwing some party " I just nod, I know he is going to be there but I honestly can't hide away forever. Indigo & Kali are still my friends.

******

I straddle my bike, looking at my watch for the time.
The party started a little over an hour ago and I can't seem to bring myself to start my bike.

Last time I got drunk, I took a man home. Resulting in a massive backlash tantrum from Blade.
A result I don't want to see occur again.
I miss him, I do. That's something I cannot deny- however, it's not worth facing that drama again.
I finally kick my stand up and throttle to the work shop.

" YOU'RE HERE!! " yells Indigo.
" Yeah, sorry! I had to fuel the bike up. " I lie.
" That's okay, come on in!. " she smiles, believing my excuse.
I watch as Blade gets up and walks to the bar as he notices us walking in.
Go to him. No.
I fight with my inner demon. Why am I like this? Why can't I be normal.

" Octavia!! Finally, here have a shot " Cash shoves a shot of amber liquor into my hand. Mirroring his actions, I down the shot before chiming for another.

Three hours have passed and I've found myself dancing with Tico and Cash while chugging down drink after drink.

" So, where have you been?. " Cash asks while Tico grabs us all another round. " Oh you know, working, gotta get that money some how. " I laugh with my friend. " He's been miserable since your falling out." Confusion takes over my features until i advert my eyes into the same direction. Blade. Ofcourse. " I'll be back. " I Pat my friend on the back before heading over to the depressed shell of a man. " Blade. " Sitting beside him in the booth, I hope he isn't to angry to have a chat. " Octavia?. " Comes out as more of a question. " I miss you, my friend. " I smile at the man, before he claims he misses me to. " there needs to be some ground rules if this is going to work though. " He tries to cut me off ,
However choosing to ignore him- I continue. " You have no say on who I do and do not sleep with. I am a grown woman. " I look him dead in the eye. " AND, you need to stop being bitter whenever you don't get what you want. It's tiring and I don't have the patience for it. " I tell him honestly. He slightly nods before telling me he's okay with that as long as I don't go sleeping around with his brothers. The family bond and all that. " What about Cash. " I joke, earning a growl from the man. I hold my hands up in surrender, deciding it's time for a cigarette.

Blade follows me out the doors, choosing to sit with me while I inhale the cancer filled stick.
My mind drifts off, wondering if these will get the chance to kill me before they do.
Being a strong woman in this world has its cons and they come in the shape of insecure men. You beat them or even just simply not be interested in them and they'll chase you down until their dying breath.  " are you okay?. " Blade pulls me from my thoughts. With a nod, I continue to tell him that I'm fine and just happy we are friends again.
" me too. I missed my lioness. " He smirks, bumping shoulders with me playfully." I need to sober up a little before I ride home. I'm all for riding home under the influence but this is beyond me. " I laugh. " I've only had two, I can give you a ride and pick you up tomorrow to come ger your bike?. " He offers. Nodding my head, " I'll like that, thanks! Let me say bye to everyone." I head inside, bidding my farewells and grabbing my helmet. Am I seriously about to ride bitch?.

" I uhh - I don't usually have people on the back of my bike- just hold on please. I don't want you falling. " he stutters over his words as if he's nervous. " Ofcourse Rocco. " smiling up at the man, watching as he hops on his bike, me following suite. Bolts of electricity shooting through my finger tips as I rest my hands on him.

I choose to ignore the feeling, just enjoying the ride home, wishing I didn't have this helmet on so I could feel the wind in the hair.
The ride is short and we are finally in my driveway. " Coming in?. " I question my friend, earning a smile and a simple yes.
We head inside, I put the kettle on deciding I need a coffee to go with my cigarette. Perfect combo.

We sit on my porch, just enjoying each other's company, having small talk. " Are you running from something?." He suddenly asks, catching me off guard. " When am I not?. " I answer vaguely. I really don't want to talk about my past. People get hurt when they know to much. He proceeds to ask question after question. Not even shutting up to let me answer. Not knowing what to do,

I kiss him.