𝐂𝐨𝐟𝐟𝐞𝐞 𝐒𝐡𝐨𝐩

Days like these at the northland bank were irritating for Childe. Tracking down debt owers was not his favorite job. They would plead to let themselves go but it was always a waste of time. Though he was being paid well, he never found happiness in the job. He did spend most of his time at work, tiring himself out with bank duties, but he would always look forward to one thing that kept him going. Every once in a while, He and a certain brunette would always go to the Wanmin Cafe. It wasn't too far from his apartment complex nor his job, so he could always meet the brunette when possible.

Often they would just go to chat and catch up with one another. It would usually end up with Zhongli speaking his mind and Childe just sitting there and listening. It was one of his favorite things. The ginger always felt comfortable in his presence, and he could get a good look at Zhongli every time he talked. His sharp facial features stood out to Childe. His jawline was perfect, and the way he styled his hair was perfect. Especially those eyes. Those golden eyes were the color of cor lapis and shone like it too. He was too perfect for Childe, and that's what always got his hopes down.

"Childe? Ekaterina said, trying to snap him out of his phase. "Ah, sorry. I was just thinking." He said, resting his head on both of his hands. "Thinking about what?" She inquired. "Well, more of a question, but, How do you tell someone you like them without being too- straight forward?" Childe sighed, awaiting an answer. "Well, it depends on the person but, maybe small movements like hand-holding or buying them something." She said, a hand on her chin. "Oh, I see thank you." The silence continued while Childe thought but Ekaterina was curious. "Who's the lucky girl?" Childe's face turned bright pink and covered his face with his gloved hands. "It's- It's not a girl." Ekaterina let out a little shriek and took Childe by the shoulders and shook him a little bit. "REALLY?" She smirked and started to unload all of her questions on his all at once.

——

"Aiyaya working is so hard" Hu Tao said taking a sip of her energy drink. "Director- that is your 5th energy drink and I did all of today's paperwork, are you okay?" a brunette asked placing a stack of papers onto Hu Tao's desk. "I'm totally fine" The director replied. "Since all the papers are finished for today, may I take my leave?" He asked grabbing his neat coat from the coat rack outside of Hu Tao's office. "Sure, make sure to get a ton of sleep, we have a meeting tomorrow." She took another sip and started to sort through the papers. "I could say the same to you, Hu Tao." The brunette chuckled and adjusted his coat and made his way back to his apartment with a small briefcase.

About halfway to his home, Zhongli felt a small vibration in his pocket which was his phone. It was a text from Childe. He stopped walking and pulled the phone from his pocket to check the notification.

Childe/Tartaglia/Ajax/Wallet

Coffee? :)
Sent at 4:37 pm

Zhongli smiled at his message and responded as fast as possible.

Childe/Tartaglia/Ajax/Wallet

Coffee? :)
Sent at 4:37 pm

Sure, I'll see you at 5. :)
Sent at 4:39 pm

Zhongli made his way to his small apartment and got ready to go get coffee with Childe. It was an off-and-on thing for them. One in which Zhongli rather enjoyed. He would talk about anything and Childe would actually listen to him. In the past, many people would get tired of him talking and never talk to him. This was usually his situation at school. But he found someone who would handle it. It wasn't just someone it was Childe. He was always someone that sparked Zhongli's interest. His orange hair and his ocean blue eyes were something he could not ignore. His sweet smile when they would accidentally make eye contact for too long. He was perfect in Zhongli's eyes but too perfect to be with.

Before he knew it, 5:00 pm rolled around the corner and it was almost time to meet Childe. Zhongli wore a sweater and a neat overcoat and regular work pants. He wore his glasses this time, which seemed to match with his outfit's aura. He shoved his phone in his jacket pocket and headed to the cafe.

The sound of bells chimed as Zhongli walked inside the cafe. It was very modern with tones of white, brown, and green. If there was not a sign outside that said 'Wanmin Cafe' On it people might have mistaken it for a flower shop. A whiff of coffee and fresh herbs wafted throughout the building which was quite comforting.

Zhongli was looking around for the ginger and there he was. He was sitting at a corner table in solitude talking to a girl. She was petite and had long brown hair. Many other girls which were deemed to be her friends watched as she quietly talked to Childe.

Zhongli took a seat across from Childe and waited patiently for their conversation to be over. Childe seemed tense and Zhongli could definitely tell.

The girl's face grew a bright red and her voice went up in pitch. "Uhm- Can I get your number?" She said with puppy dog eyes looking straight into his blue ones. "Uh well-" He saw Zhongli sitting there with his head propped on one of his hands and the other resting on the table. Quickly, he grabbed Zhongli's free hand and held it in his own quite firmly. He raised their hands up a little bit gaining attention from the girl and a sad look grew on her face. "I see-" She said, running away from view to the other girls."Erm- you can let go of my hand now-" Zhongli said looking at Childe who was clearly embarrassed at his action. "Ah- Sorry about that" He said smiling an apologetic smile. "No worries, Shall we order?" The brunette suggested and the ginger nodded.

Xiangling; the owner's daughter came and took their order which she remembers almost every time because they order the same thing. Their drinks and pastries came and the aroma was mouth-watering. Partway into their food, Childe put down his silverware and stopped eating. "Is it okay if I tell you something that's a little bit- sudden?" Zhongli nodded and slowly sipped his tea. "Mayyybe the handholding from earlier wasn't an accident." Childe winked and picked up his drink taking a big sip. Zhongli almost spit out his tea but held it in. "I've never told you this but, I enjoy spending time here with you, and Listening to you is relaxing." Childe let out a little laugh and went to pick up another pastry. Zhongli stood up and walked over to Childe's side of the table and sat right next to him. "What are yo-"

Before Childe could finish his sentence he felt soft lips on his and it was so sudden. After a second they pulled away and caught their breaths. "I love you too." Zhongli smiled

(1207 words)

This was my actual one shot so enjoy not my best work bc it's late but I wanted to so yes.
THANK YOU FOR 82 READS <3

𝑪𝒉𝒊𝒍𝒅𝒆 𝑿 𝒁𝒉𝒐𝒏𝒈𝒍𝒊 𝑶𝒏𝒆𝒔𝒉𝒐𝒕𝒔!On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara