01: Jailbreak

"So what's next?" He asked breathless and smiling, his eyes now a brighter shade of green, a stark difference from when he was still in the prison cell. 

I gave him my cape a while ago and he had slung it over his shoulders, holding onto the front and pulling it closer to him. He looked so happy.

"What's the hiding plan?" His tone was getting more and more excited as if it was that of a child's. Admittedly I had missed him, more so than I'm proud to mention.

Dream bubbled up in laughter and grinned at me. I wanted to hug him. 

Although being happy that Dream made it out….Ranboo unfortunately didn't. And the anguish overshadowed the joy of getting Dream back, the deal was I would leave with the both of them or I wouldn't at all.

So there was no reason to help him anymore. I don't owe Dream anything now. That was the favour and that's where it ends. Isn't it?

"I don't care. I'm not hiding, Dream" I say, sounding a lot more spiteful than I had originally intended. 

"After this, I'm going after Sam. He killed Ranboo" Dream didn't say anything, he just stared at me apologetically, with dry and chapped lips, curling slightly to form a small smile. 

"Actually. You know what? Here's the first plan" I point to the armour he was wearing.

"Can I have my armour back?"

"And my cape."

"Can you give them all back to me?" I said, pulling my cape off of him, he let go of it and it slid down from his shoulders. 

Dream was silent for a while.

He sighed deeply "Alright"

He took them off and handed them to me still smiling—understanding—after handing the last of it he brought both his hands up mockingly "There…. Anything else?" He giggles and brings his hands down slowly. I noticed the red and purple marks on his hands and forearm from the cuffs of the chains along with several scratches and wounds.

"Techno" he trails off. I stare down at him "I'll make sure to return it. Return all of 'them' back to the way it was"

I sighed. "Keep the sword" handing him the sword his eyes widened and he jumped at me, wrapping his thin arms around my neck in an embrace. He felt cold. But strangely enough, I liked it.

The moment ended as quickly as it began. He let go and I passed him the sword. "I've got to go, they're after me!" He smiles and waves whilst running off.

Turning back one last time "I owe you one Techno!" Speeding up he ran quickly into the forest disappearing amidst all the snow and trees.

"That you do" "That you do…." I waved at his retreating back.

"What, so do you two just go around swapping favours?" Phil says, laughing a little. Phil looks up at Techno and sees his hand, it was bleeding.

"Hey mate? Your hand.. it's bleeding" Phil says concerned.

I brought my hand out to look at it and there was blood, I was confused, because it wasn't mine.

And then it hit me, Dream…..

Worry shot through me, I didn't know why. But suddenly I felt the urge to find him.

 "Phil, I don't think this is my blood" I say, bringing my hand down and looking back up at the path where Dream had left from.

"Oh, alright then" Phil says nonchalantly, walking off "I'm gonna find Niki. Are you coming?" He asks, "No" I mumbled back and he nodded, a knowing smile plastered onto his face.

As soon as Phil left I ran to the direction where Dream was as fast as I could, he couldn't have gone that far if he was injured.

And then I saw a trail of blood, small drips and some pools larger than the other, painting the white snow a shade of dark red. The trees had bloody hand prints and small red marks, probably from his fingernails.

After a while of walking I found a clearing and in the distance I saw something on the ground. It didn't move.

Getting closer I could make out the shape of a human, they were sitting up, back pressed against a tree and one arm clutching the other.

It was Dream. I huffed, thankfully I found him before anyone else did.

He was passed out probably from blood loss or starvation. I felt guilty, but I knew I shouldn't have because I already repaid him. 

What more did I want from him?

I kneeled in front of him moving so his head was on my shoulder, a large wound was on his back from his shoulder running down to his forearm. I removed my coat, and draped it over him, wrapping him in it.

I carried him, he was a lot lighter than I thought he would be.

I took him back home. Despite every figment of my being telling me to just leave him near George's house. It made me angry just thinking of it.