I bite my lip, "Honestly? Boston Pride."

"There you go. Don't base your decision on others because it won't always work out if you do that." She says standing up.

"But━"

She interrupts me, "No. Your feelings are what count." And she leaves my room leaving me to my thoughts.

If I'm being honest, deep down The Boston Prides were always going to be my decision but the thing that stopped me was Rohan and how that would factor in. But Lexi's right, I have no clue what's going to happen in the future no matter how much I hope.

And I should make decisions that effect my future based on hope.

I blow out a breath and sit up, looking around the room for my phone. I grab it and scroll through my contact until I get to I and press Iris.

It rings a couple time until I hear someone answer, "Iris Stone's office."

"Uh, hi, can you transfer me to Iris, tell her Katherine Mitchell is calling?" I ask. Whoever is on the other line puts me on hold.

About a minute later I hear Iris's smooth and clear voice, "Katherine," I can hear her smile, "I was wondering when I'd get this call."

I give a nervous laugh, "Yeah, sorry, I just needed time, but I made my decision. Start drafting the contract."

"I love hearing that, the Prides are happy to have you."

We then converse for a couple more minutes. And when I hang up it feels like a weight lifted off my shoulders.

I walk out to the living room to find Lexi cleaning. Something to be warned about her is that she's a literal clean freak. Not only that, she cleans when she's stressed. 

So safe to say our apartment is always clean, spotless even.

Right now she's reorganizing the fridge, putting everything she just bought into containers. Do I get it? Nope.

I lean against the island, "Hey, wanna go to the mall?" I ask.

She looks over her shoulder, "Like now?" I nod, "Let me finish this and then we can go."

I nod and go to change since I'm in track shorts and a tank top. I change into leggings and a Delcour hoodie since It's getting pretty chilly outside.

I walk out of my room to see her wiping the island. I grab my purse, "Ready?" 

She nods and folds the cloth and places it on the sink divider. She walks over and grabs her purse, she pauses, looks at me, "You know, Chase said something funny to me."

I furrow my brows. 

"You only called me once while you were gone and you didn't tell me you're now dating Rohan?" She asks in a disbelieved voice.

I advert my eyes. Shit! Did I really forget to tell her?

"Uh, I'm so sorry, Lex. Honestly, I don't know why I didn't tell you, I forgot we we're dating when we'd talked." 

She purses her lips, as if thinking. Opens her mouth but closes it and seems to change her mid. She smirks, "Did you guys...?"

I feel myself blush. I turn around and open the door, not answering.

I hear her laugh, "Oh my god you did!"

I'm not looking at her as we go to the elevator. I'm not embarrassed, it's that any sex talk makes me blush, even if we're not talking about my sex life I still get flustered.

She gasps, "How many times?"

These elevator buttons are mighty fascinating. 

Lexi doesn't give up, "Does he live up to the rumours?"

I whip my head to look at her, "Rumours?"

She nods. "There are rumours about how amazing the hockey players are at sex but the most popular guy, and I mean in rumour, is Reid, Rohan and Chase if I'm not mistaken. Wait I've actually heard quite a bit of girls praise Kai." She shrugs.

I crinkle my nose, "Ew." I shiver.

She raises her brow, "So, is he?" 

I bite my lip. Advert my eyes, "I haven't heard these rumours so..." I shrug just as the elevator opens. Before she could pester me more, I say, "He met dad." I say walking out and into the underground parking lot.

"He met James?" She asks in disbelief, "And what happened? Did your dad punch him?" She asks getting into the passenger seat of my truck.

"Actually, no." I laugh. "Dad and Rohan watched hockey for a bit, seemed to get along. During dinner, they actually got along well," I groan, "Dad told the hockeyfly story." I say pulling out of the garage.

Lexi burst out laughing, "No."

"Yup, now he calls me fly." I roll my eyes.

But even as I roll my eyes butterflies erupt in my stomach at the thought of him. Him and my dad getting along. But along with those butterflies is this feeling that kind of feels like a knot that's slowly unraveling. 

This feeling is unknown to me, but I have a feeling I know what it is...

🏒 🏒 🏒

Author Note: 
Hey! 
So if you don't follow my tik tok, then here's a little news that some of you've been asking for (Kind of). I now have a posting schedule, I will be now posting definitely, at least, once a week but look out for chapters on both Thursdays and Sundays. I might not always be able to post twice in one week but I will try to.

 I might not always be able to post twice in one week but I will try to