She wasn't surprised when Taylor's shoulders stiffened and she shook her head. "I'm kind of in the zone. I think I got it!"

Kaia didn't even try to hide her disappointment anymore. She sighed heavily, but still managed to send her a little smile. "That's great, Taylor. I think I'm still going to head out, anyway. I'm starving and I'm kind of craving a burrito. Do you want to join me?"

"I'm okay, thank you."

Even when she expected that answer, Kaia was hoping that maybe, maybe she would have changed her mind this time.

"Okay, suit yourself," she mumbled, turning to leave. "I have this interview thing in the morning, remember? I told you a few days ago. So, I think I'm just going to head to my place tonight since my stuff is there. It's easier that way."

A quick change flashed across Taylor's face, but Kaia couldn't quite decipher it.

"Oh... uh, yeah, if you think, Uhm... If you think it's best," Taylor mumbled in response. She ran her fingers through her hair and turned in her seat to look ahead.

Kaia's chest deflated in disappointment. She really wanted Taylor to stop her and ask her to stay, or even offer to come along. She would have preferred to spend the night with Taylor. She always slept better with her by her side. She really didn't want to go to her own apartment, but she couldn't stay there for another hour without going crazy and probably do something she would regret. She was upset and she needed time to calm down.

"Okay, then, text me later, or whatever," she sighed and shrugged on her coat.

Kaia still hoped Taylor would stop her as she stepped into her shoes, and when she stepped into the elevator. Instead, she heard a pretty faint fuck and the banging of the piano notes once again.

Though Kaia really had been starving, she was no longer in the mood to eat. In fact, she even felt a little nauseous. She made it all the way home, kicked her shoes off by the door and tossed her jacket over the couch haphazardly. She found herself pacing around the room, trying to figure out why on earth Taylor was pushing her away.

As far as she knew, she hadn't done anything to hurt her. Nothing she was aware of, at least. And she hated the fact that Taylor was not even communicating with her. For someone who had such a great way with words, she really did suck at communicating. The irony of it all.

She couldn't do this if Taylor wasn't going to be open with her.

Kaia tried to calm herself down, taking deep breaths in and exhaling heavily. She still couldn't bear to eat, but she knew she had to, so she made herself a cheese sandwich and forced herself to finish it before heading to bed.

It was still relatively early, and she was still pretty irritated and quite antsy. She needed to release her pent-up energy, so she grabbed her running shoes and her earphones and started jogging around the block.

The familiar notes of Taylor's song Shake It Off started playing as soon as she hit shuffle on her playlist.

"Of, fucking, course," she huffed, skipping the song. She loved it. God, she loved her girlfriend's voice so much. But she was upset and she feared listening to her voice singing right in her ears might have made her break down.

Listening to Beyonce was a much safer choice.

She ran until her legs couldn't handle it anymore. For the whole five kilometres, or perhaps even longer, Kaia couldn't stop thinking about Taylor and how worried she was. She was worried that perhaps their relationship might only have had space to be so short-lived. She didn't want to lose Taylor, but mostly, she was scared that Taylor was really hurting and she would go back to her old habits, and by pushing Kaia away, she wouldn't be able to help her out.