Chapter Fifty Nine

Beginne am Anfang

"Nothing," Emir chuckled as he walked over, Ashaki trailing behind him. "The talk was just because mom and dad think she needs to call home more and asked me to tell her that."

"Wait seriously?" Ashaki asked, looking at Emir.

Emir chuckled. "You know mom and dad like to hear from you Ashaki."

"We like hearing from all our kids," Aladdin corrected.

"I call home once a week!" Ashaki exclaimed. "Ben, don't you think that's more than enough?"

"Why do I feel like that's only because your parents said that if you didn't call at least once a week, they'd come visit you?" Alexandria asked with a small chuckle.

"I see my dad every time there's a council meeting and I still call home at least twice a week," Ben chuckled.

"...we're sure he's human?" Ashaki asked, turning to her older brother.

"Jury's still out on him."

"Yeah, we're still debating on that," Herkie nodded.

Ben shook his head. "As I've said, I've bled enough times on the Tourney field to prove that belief wrong."

"Hush you two," Ben said, shaking his head in amusement. "I'm missing the sparring."

Uma snorted. "I have a feeling Mal would be happy to give you your own private show Benny."

"Oh yes, that's why you came to the gym," Akiho teased as Ben sat down, the sound of clanging steel in the background as Mal and Uma seemed to really get into their sparring match. "It wasn't to see your girlfriend but to watch the sparring."

"Oh it was both," Benji said, smirking playfully.

"Can't it be both?"

"Exactly," Benji nodded as Ben flushed.

"I don't want to hear that," Hades muttered.

"I'm so proud!" Emir and Akiho exclaimed, draping themselves over Ben as the king turned bright red.

"Do I want to know?" Jay asked as he walked over with Harry.

"No, not really," Benji sighed and shook his head. "You two are insane."

"Thank you!"

"Not a compliment!"

Jay shook his head. "Watching the sparring I can get behind but the reason he wants to watch Mal spar in particular...I don't need those images!"

"Neither do I Jay!" Hades growled.

"Not really, no," Ashaki told him, smiling at the two of them. "You guys gonna spar too?"

"Ooh are we?" Harry asked, perking up with a small grin.

"Nah," Jay chuckled. "Carlos and I just got out of practice so I'm beat. Actually, I was looking for those two over there."

"Oh come on Jay! Don't tell me Auradon sparring has made you soft! You're lucky Jade's not here otherwise she'd be laughing her arse off right now!"

"Hate to say it, but Harry's got a point," Henry nodded. "You know as well as anyone, Jay, that an attack's not going to always come when you're fresh."

Jay shook his head. "Well when I say this in the future, I'll remember this lecture."

"Why are you looking for my brother and Akiho?" Aziz asked, tilting his head.