Murat shook his head with an amused smile although he was burning with rage from the inside.

"Come on," They ignored Eliza and walked away from there hand in hand as if she didn't exist. Murat sighed audibly as they went too far from her

"I didn't know she was coming here," he ran his hands through his hair. Mashal gave him a moment to compose himself as she loosened her hold from him.

Murat knew why was Eliza trying to come back to him. Kaif has dumped her to marry the girl of his parents'choice, who is a business heiress leaving her without a second thought just like she did with him. Well, karma works miraculously. He wondered if she has learnt her lesson already.

"Are you okay?" She touched his forearm in a comforting way, he nodded slowly angry at himself for losing his calm just because Eliza came to talk with him with that hopeful eyes.

What did she even think? That he'd forget every damn thing and take her back? Maybe if it was a year ago, he'd have probably done that. But now he was questioning himself. Wondering how did he fall for her of all the people in the world. She has changed him into the worst version of himself and he didn't even realise those changes until very recently.

"Are you okay?" Murat eyed his wife cautiously as he asked her, she shrugged nonchalantly in response. He was more worried about her than himself. Seeing your husband with his ex was not an everyday thing. And he felt the need to reassure her that Eliza's presence did nothing to him, although he wasn't very sure about that. But he wanted Mashal to be okay. It was his number one priority.

"I'm fine, shall we go ahead then?" Not wanting to prolong these sudden awkward questions, Mashal diverted the topic. They were near their car again.

"Can you give me a hug?" Murat's voice was suddenly very vulnerable. His eyes were filled with an unknown pain. She glanced at his face, feeling bad for him. Five years of being together wasn't a joke and she knew how much it must be hurting for him to be in this situation today.

"Of course, Murat." And the next moment, she wrapped her tiny hands around his torso, engulfing him tightly. He wrapped his arms around her and hugged her back just as tightly. Her eyes were closed automatically as she breathed against his chest.

Mashal loved hugs. But this hug was nothing like the ones they've shared before. It was vulnerable and emotional. Murat was seeking comfort from her and she was only happy to give him that. She didn't know how he must be feeling right now, but the thought of Eliza still having such an impact on him made her feel bitter.

"Thanks for being there with me, Mashal." He whispered sadly and she sighed against his chest. Her eyes fluttered open.

"I'll always be there for you, Murat. I know it must be hard to see her face to face after all that has happened." She paused, reading his expression. He looked pale.

"If you need to talk something, I'll always listen, okay?" She cupped his face, not caring that they're in public. Yes, she hated PDA but she didn't care at the moment. Reassuring Murat seemed more important.

"Thanks for that too, you don't know how much it means to me,"

She smiled at his words. Her eyes became wet unknowingly.

"I just want you to reassure me one more time as well," Mashal whispered as she lowered her eyes, "you won't leave me right?"

She was not insecure. Of course not.

But she was scared. So, so scared.

Even though her heart had told her a hundred times that Murat wouldn't do that to her, she couldn't help her fear.