18. It Isn't A Fucking Golf Course!

Start from the beginning

"Yeah? Then why were you hugging me?" Jungkook asked, defensively smirking as he turned his frame to see Jimin's face going pale.

"I- I didn't,"

"You did too."

"Shut up if you don't want to be choked to death in your sleep."

"Is that an invite for another sleepover?"

Jimin stood up and left the table, feeling the tingle of chronic anger shift to his mind.

"Hyung!" Jungkook called out after the boy. Jimin when didn't stop to look back, Jungkook slid from his position, breaking a plate after involuntarily pushing it to the ground as he ran behind the older boy who was already out of the lobby into the hotel lawn.

"Jimin, Hyung!" Jungkook called again, feeling his heart race, fumbling in his mind about the fights they had during the start of the semester.

"What?!" Jimin glared at the huffing younger who barely managed to not collide with Jimin as they caught up outside.

The boy's big eyes held pain as he looked at the sun shining upon Jimin's skin, making it more beautiful than it was already. "I am sorry if I overstepped. I didn't mean to offend you."

"Nah, it's fine," Jimin shook his head. "Anyway, they are your friends and you have to look cool in front of them. Specially that girl."

"Wait, Utkarsha?" Jungkook's mind flipped to stop the fearsome thoughts and gearshift to focus on what Jimin was saying.

"Now that you have learned to pronounce her name, she must be special, isn't it?" Jimin asked, his face holding back the expressions but certain sadness still emerged from behind the lines that caused a little squeeze in Jungkook's heart. For some reason, he wanted to tell Jimin that Utkarsha meant nothing more than a friend and that he would be sad too if Jimin was.

"Hyung, she is a friend," Jungkook spoke in a small voice with eyes welling up all of the sudden, feeling Jimin's accusation hitting him in the feels.

"I shouldn't care," Jimin just shrugged as he stepped backward, slowly drifting away. Before Jungkook knew it, the boy was out of the hotel and now was the time he panicked. They weren't allowed to go outside the hotel without a supervisor and Ms. Cha's hand appeared on Jungkook's shoulder.

The boy jumped defiantly, feeling the thump of his heartbeats beating into his mind. "Where did Jimin go?"

Jungkook pointed in the opposite direction towards the hotel to indicate that Jimin was in his room while his speech took a moment to regain its composure. "Room..."

"Why are you staring at the exit door?"

"I think I saw my mother outside. Can I go and check?" The boy asked, feeling dumb enough to not have come up with a better and believable excuse.

"I assure you that your mother isn't following you, Jungkook. Go back inside and ask the boys to meet me in the Auditorium hall within thirty minutes."

"Yes, ma'am."

**

Jimin looked at the text notification from Jungkook while sipping his iced mocha. A girl was staring at him from across his chair and the boy flashed her a smile. "You a student ere?" She suddenly asked.

"Kind of, in town for a few days." Jimin's interest peeked suddenly. "What about you?"

"Yeah, I am Kara. I am from London," the girl stood up and decided it was now safe to share the table with Jimin. The boy graciously pulled his wallet and sunglasses to his side and made space for the girl to keep her coffee on the small round table.

"Jimin from South Korea. I am here for the school completion."

"That sounds... geeky."

Jimin chuckled with Kara. "Guilty, I blame my wholesome genes."

"Wholesome, I would like to know more about that. How about we catch up over drinks tonight?" Kara asked, spreading her lips in a smile.

Jimin's mind yelled Eureka. It was long since he had gotten laid but he didn't know how a wave of sadness suddenly washed over him, almost as if he was going to commit a larceny. "It isn't like Jungkook would ever return my feelings."

"What are you thinking?" Kara asked with a tentative smile.

"Not tonight..." Jimin countered and saw the girl's smile dissipating. "I mean I can do it tomorrow if you are free. I have a competition tomorrow so I can't risk getting caught or drunk before that."

"Oh," the girl nodded understandingly. "It's alright then...I will leave my number to you." Jimin handed his phone so the girl could type it.

"You are beautiful by the way, did I tell you?" Jimin complimented the girl, causing a hue of pink to blush her cheeks.

"So are you, it's hard to find guys like you. You are very different from blokes in my country. I mean it in a good way." The girl added quickly before Jimin thought she was talking about Asians in general.

"How so?" He leaned a little on the table while reading the text.

Hyung, come back soon. Ms. Cha wants us in 30 minutes in AudiTORIUM 1.

"I have all the time and I'd like to hear what pretty girl has to say about me."

27 Dec, 2021