60: The Choice is Yours

When you begin to wake, you feel yourself still wrapped in Alcina's arms. You nuzzle yourself further into her warmth, pressing the side of your face against her cushioned chest. Alcina softly chuckles at your movement, causing your tired eyes to flutter open. The bold rays of sun falling through the window blind you for a moment until your eyes adjust. Looking up, you see Alcina. She's wide awake with a sweet smile curled on her lips. Her reading glasses rest on the bridge of her nose, her amber eyes glimmer with care behind their lenses.

"Good morning, little bird." Alcina coos, pulling her glasses from her face.

"Good morning, my lady." You smile at her.

You sit up, gradually stretching your limbs and waking your exhausted body. Your body feels much better than it had last night, finally regaining some of its strength. Alcina closes her book, setting it on her nightstand and placing her glasses on top. You turn to face her and lay back down, resting your head on her lap. Alcina's fingers comb through your hair as she admires you.

"How are you feeling, my dear?" Alcina asks, smile still curled on her lips. "Any better?"

You give her a little nod, nuzzling into her lap. You rub the loose fabric of Alcina's nightgown between your fingers, distracting yourself from invasive thoughts.

"Talk to me, sweet girl." Alcina softly urges, tucking your hair behind your ear. "What's wrong?"

You shrug your shoulders, not sure of what to say. The silky fabric glides between your fingers as you continue to distract yourself.

"You fidget when your deep in your own thoughts, little one." Alcina grabs your hand, holding it still. "What's going on in that pretty little head of yours, dear?"

"I'm struggling." You begin. "I'm overwhelmed and confused. My heart and mind are at battle. Conflicting one another with their own beliefs. Mary told me to trust myself, but I don't even know if I can do that."

"Come here, little one." Alcina softly coos.

Alcina helps you sit up and moves you close to her. You set yourself on her lap, facing Alcina. Her hands rest on your thighs as they gentle straddle her waist. You continue to fiddle with the silky fabric of her nightgown. Alcina lifts her hand to your chin, gently pinching it between her index finger and thumb. She lifts your chin, urging your eyes to meet hers. When you don't look at her, a faint smirk curls in the corner of Alcina's lips. She leans her head down and presses her lips to the skin of your neck. Assuming she's just doing her usual teasing to get a rise out of you, you don't move away. However, the feeling of a raspberry being blown into the crook of your neck makes you giggle. You try to scrunch your neck and pull away, but Alcina wraps her arms around you and holds you in place. When you lean back, she follows you and blows another one. The quick air vibrates against your skin. Alcina doesn't stop until your contagious laughter fills the room. She finally eases her grip and let's you go, letting out jolly chuckles of her own.

"What was that for?" You giggle, rubbing your neck.

"That's for ignoring me." Alcina chuckles, smile beaming brightly on her face. "I use to do the same thing to the girls when they were younger. Never failed to get their attention."

"Well you definitely got mine." You smile at her.

"Marvelous." Alcina coos, pulling you closer to her.

You wrap your arms around her neck. Alcina leans into you, gently kissing your forehead. You give her a soft smile, then rest your head on her shoulder. Alcina places her cheek against the top of your head.

"Y/N..." Alcina quietly begins. "If there was a way for you to get your memories back, would you want them?"

"Is there a way?" You ask, lifting your head from Alcina's shoulder. Your curious eyes meet hers.