ESCAPE

How can you protect someone when you can't even protect? How much more can you trust someone when you can't even trust yourself? -

It had been days, and I still haven't attended school. What's the point anyway when you cant even focus? All you get is weird glares from everyone, too. I thought that incident didn't affect me, but it did, big time. I had to tell someone, but definitely someone close to trusting.

Hide-kun.

Me: Ey, I know you've been wondering why I still haven't been going, and I wasn't answering your calls. Mind if I come over?

Hide: U have to.

Me: Hai hai, I understand .-.

Hide: Good ^^

I sighed and threw my phone onto the pillow before lying back down. "This is going to be a long day, I wonder if he'd start calling me crazy after. Then maybe he wouldn't be so overprotective." I thought.

I was already walking down the streets, it was after lunch and I was heading to Hide's house, it's weird if I talked about ghouls out loud and how I encountered them.

Soon I saw him standing down at the pathway leading to his apartment. I jogged up to him and tried a smile, but it turned out to be a painful one.

And I could tell, Hide immediately knew everything.

"I-Izumi, you're so pale and...have you been eating anything?"

I glared at him, although I knew he didn't mean to offend me. I shook my head and he stomped his foot and declared, "Before we go, you need to eat at a restaurant."

"What? But-"

"Nope, nope, nope." All of a sudden he started patting his jeans pocket, searching the front and back.

"Ah." He muttered.

I titled my head and stared at him, "What is it?"

"I forgot my wallet, here catch." He threw me his small bag, "Imma run upstairs real quick."

And he was off, and it was quiet.

He walked along the pathway as the guard watched him, making sure he didn't step on the grass.

But then I heard it, a car- no a van drive.

Then it stopped behind me, abruptly.

No, it isn't. I clenched my fist, nothing was gonna happen.

Then I thought about going up with Hide, since he was right there. But it was too late.

I heard the van's sliding door open and a hand wrapped around my neck. It pressed a cloth onto my mouth, and it started to make me feel nauseous.

I knew it.

I stared at Hide as he was just there going through the sliding doors. Everyone was gone somehow too.

Every time I heard about this, I always imagined myself being all bad-ass and going karate on the kidnappers but now...

My back slumped against the mysterious person, I could still hear and see but my body didn't do anything. It was...weird.

I couldn't call out to Hide, either.

Then I took the last of my energy to look up...into his red eyes, and in return?

He bashed me in the head, and I passed out cold.

________________________________

Back at Hide's Place