BLIND

It was all in a heartbeat, I'd been turned into one of them...One of the ghouls.

"Ne, Izumi," I turned to Hide, as he stared at me with a blank look. His yellowish hair looked as if he had just woken up, and his regular headphones were around his neck as always.

"What do you want, Hide?" I sighed, placing the book back onto the shelf. The school library wasn't as quiet as I thought, there were students studying alright, but some where just chit chatting along the way.

Hide stretched his arms and adujsted himself as he leant on the bookshelf. He was scrolling through his phone, as if he was reading a long text.

"Why do you keep avoiding the boy?"

"The boy?" I peered up, "Who?"

He shrugged, "Oh I don't know, my best bud Kaneki? Aside from you, of course."

I tucked my hair behind my ear, it was a habit of mine. "I'm not avoiding. I'm simply not ever meeting him because you-" I pressed a finger on his chest, "-make it seem as if your setting something up. I don't know what it is, but I'm not liking it."

"Eh? But Izumi-"

"I don't want to hear it, Hide. Now you going to him or am I going to have to drag you with me?"I crossed my arms over my chest and he just puffed.

"Fine, I'll go."

I nodded with approval and turned on my heels but before I could move, I felt a hand grip the back of my leather black hood.

"But Izumi, just be...just be safe out there," he whispered. My eyes twitched as I paused, not saying a word. But once he let go I simply nodded and started to walk.

What's up with him today, I wonder.

The next thing I new, I was walking down the street. I hadn't known where I was headed, but I definatly didn't want to go home... There was no one at home anyway, my cousin had been busy. He had the money to help me, he says he's quite rich anyway. I wasn't really related to him but somehow, he'd gotten into my family life.

Not that I remember what an actual family was..

I turned a corner and headed into a gaming store, where I surprisingly found Nishiki- wait...what was he doing here?

"Nishiki.." I muttered, staring as he sat on one of the chairs and started to play this random copy-wannabe-mario-vampirish game. I don't know what in hell it was.

"Oh, Izumi-san," he greeted, not even sparing a glance towards me.

"Nevermind.." I said as I walked away to see any more of the games down the isle, after reading about some story-plots for quite awhile, I looked back to see if Nishiki was still there.

"Ah, he's gone."

I peered down at my watch and realized it had been more than enough hours and it was already late.

"No wonder he's already gone."

By the time I got out, the streetlamps were flickering and the wind hit me like an icicle and all of a sudden, I didn't feel safe anymore.

I ran.

My feet shoes clamped loudly against the floor, but I still ran. I was fast, too but-

"O-one eyed?" I heard a man stutter.

I froze, and slowly crawled against the closest wall. I could hear heavy breathing, yet it sounded as if the person but a jar on his mouth or something.

"P-please don't kill me!" I heard the man yell, and then I heard a sort of snake.

Snake?