" So, based on that fact, perhaps we're dealing with the same person after all. That would definitely explain why we're hearing the same words. " Aizawa said looking at Ryuzaki.

   " It can't be. " You announced.

Everyone turned their heads to look at you. Even Ryuzaki, sitting beside you still shaking, looked at you. You kept your hand on his shoulder to try and comfort him as you turned to look at everyone behind you from the floor.

   " This can't be the same person. There's too much evidence that it isn't, that much is clear. The fact that both Kira's use the word 'shinigami' is defiantly a big factor, whether it is a real god of death or a code word for something. But it's clear this is a different Kira. Whoever this is wants to please the original, and they are a follower of Kira. The original Kira would never do anything like this, even to through us off. We've seen this copycat kill people without needing their name, that's one difference. The other differences are in these video clips. Kira would never beg, Kira would never refer to himself in the third person, and Kira would never kill innocent people. The copycat on TV has done exactly all of that. And Kira wants to kill L, not agree to let him live after appearing on TV. "

   " Then, maybe there's some connection between the real one and this new guy. They could have already met and decided to use the word, 'shinigami' as a way to confuse us. " Aizawa stated.

Beside you, Ryuzkai took a breath and rubbed the bridge of his nose. You turned towards him, and he made eye contact with you. His eyes were back to their average size, and he wasn't trembling anymore.

   " Thank you. " He whispered.

   " For what? "

   " Sitting with me, and comforting me with your hand on my shoulder. "

You only nodded and helped him stand up.

   " No, I'd say that's unlikely. " He said, standing.

Ryuzaki picked up the chair and sat it upright. But he turned the seat away from the laptop. He sat down in his usual position on the chair, but you stayed beside the chair.

   ' I guess he doesn't want to even look at the laptop where we heard the message. '

   " It's as Y/n says. If the two Kira's were connected I don't think the imposter would be so willing to give up on his plan to kill me. All of this suggests to me that the copycat has his own agenda and is acting independently of the first. I believe his actual motivation is to meet the original. "

   " I think you're right. He's acting out of an interest in Kira. The word 'shinigami' could very well be some reference to their killing power. Saying we can confirm our identities by showing our 'shinigami' to each other probably means that they can confirm their identities by somehow demonstrating their ability to kill. " LIght said, folding his arms.

   " Yes, that's it. Based on their messages, we can assume the word 'shinigami' must hold some other meaning that only the real Kira and the second Kira are aware of. Now, we just need to convince this copycat to tell us what that is. "

   " So, will you respond and force him to be more specific? We have to be careful how we handle this. We can't make it too obvious that we're asking. Otherwise, he'll realize we're not Kira. " Light said very quickly.

   " No, from now on, it's best that we leave it up to the two Kiras. "

   " Huh? "

   " What do you mean? "

   " I imagine the second Kira is probably quite satisfied with the current situation, now that he's received a televised response. He sent a message to get Kira's attention, and as far as he knows, he now has it. Also, there's that word he used, one that only the two of them would understand. We'll arrange to have this reply broadcast today on Sakura's six o'clock news. Naturally, this will be of interest to Kira, and he'll be following this exchange between the copycat and the one we have invented. Now, if I were Kira himself, my priority would be to prevent this imposter from coming into contact with the police. This is good for us because it means that the real Kira may feel pressured to respond this time. "

   " Okay. But let's say that he doesn't respond. Then what do we do? " Aizawa asked.

   " Yes, I've been thinking about what the second Kira might do if he gets no response. "

You took notice of Ryuzaki's finger on his knee. It was slowly tapping on his knee like he was trying to keep in touch with the real world and not let his mind slip from the real facts we had gotten. 

   " For one, he might reveal more information that he knows Kira wants kept secret. To pressure him into a meeting. Of course, that would make Kira nervous. It could be interesting. "

He lifted his head slightly from the floor and smiled a little bit. But the smile he was showing everyone felt off. The smile showed seriousness but clear interest in the situation.

   " And what would be more interesting is if Kira sends a message of his own to prevent this from happening. Ideally, this could provide us with the physical evidence we'll need to build a case against him. In the meantime, let's gather all the information we can on this copycat. " He said with his smile fading. 

Everyone remained silent after that and went their separate ways. Everyone went through the paperwork and books sitting on the table, and Light had moved to sit on the couch, looking through some of the papers. Ryuzaki stayed in his chair and stared off into space, which worried you a bit. You placed your hand on his shoulder, and he looked up at you since you were standing and he was still sitting on the couch.

   " Everything alright in that brain of yours? "

   " I'm just curious about what is going to happen next. And how far this second Kira is willing to go for the original. "

   " Well, the second Kira has already killed people for the original, and they're willing to do anything for him, from what I could pick up in the last couple of tapes and recordings we've seen. But this second Kira isn't that very smart. They're revealed a lot to us in a short amount of time, and they've disclosed their secret word, 'shinigami' to us and the world. I can only imagine the real Kira isn't to excited about the copycat. "

   ' You have no idea, Y/n. ' Light thought overhearing your conversation.

   " You're right there. Thank you again, for being with me moments ago. I appreciate the concern and care. "

   " You said that you would always be here for me, but you never said I couldn't be there for you when you needed someone. So, I'll be there for you when you need me. "

Ryuzkai nodded and placed his hand on top of yours. Light glanced up from the papers he was reading and looked towards you and Ryuzaki. He felt his heart pound in his chest, and he didn't like the feeling.