On My Death Bed - Kix x nonbinary reader

sadstrarwarsfan14   ---prompt 21 dying/death bed scenario

Your lover laid on his death bed. The gaping wound at his side had blood pouring out of him, draining ever bit of his life force out while you sat there, hopeless. There was nothing you could do to save him now. The medical supplied had burned during the crash. No essentials survived. There was a town not to far. You told your lover you would bring him there, to heal him and save him. The First Order was no friend to pirates and Sidon's crew was not lucky. 

In a desparate attemp to save you life, Kix rushed himself and you to an escape pod as stormtroopers surrounded Sidon's hide out. Unfortunately both of you were separated from the main crew and your pod was shot, sending you on a route to crash on a planet. 

"Oh kark!" Kix sighed. "What's wrong?" 

"Control's fried. We're gonna crash." 

Kix locked eyes with you one last time. Something told him, he would not live to fight another day. "Stay alive for me" was the last request he gave your before the pod shook with such ferocity that you thought it would tear apart in space. The whole time, Kix held you towards his chest. It was the calmest he had ever been, knowing he'd save your life blessed him since all he wanted to do was to protect you and love you. 

---------

Blood trickled down the side of his mouth as he laid on his make shift bed. The escape pod was ablaze. Part of the metal beams of the pod impaled the once former clone wars medic in his side. There was no way that missed his vital organs. He knew it. You knew it.

Now Kix, weakly gripped your hands and a small blade was wedged within. "You need to do this. For me karta (heart)"

You shook your head violently. "I-I can't. Kix I can't-"

"Shhhh m-my sweet. Ku'ur (hush)."

"I won't hurt you. Never"

Kix stuttered and gasped as air filled his lungs. He wanted you to perform a mercy kill. End his suffering, and yours. He could not live. His minutes were numbered. "F-For me, love. Be strong"

Kix's strong arms edged the blade closer to his chest, right above where is weak heart drummed. "You know... theres no...way"

"Kix, take me with you"

"NO...no." Kix watched the glow in your eyes dim. "Karta...live for me"

Body rocking, you brought your forehead to rest on his. "I love you" You repeated the sacred chant on your lips. Hoping by some miracle he would be saved. 

"My final wish....on my d-death bed. Let me reunite with my brothers.... I can see them..."

"NO.. Kix-"

"I'll tell them... I met (y/n). This wonderful person...that I shared...my life with"

"Please..." you begged.

Kix smiled gently. The blades tip cut into his skin. "My love... I'll tell...my brothers...you are my best..." 

The blade pushed deeper. Kix winced in pain but held it back for you. You held your anguish for him. "tell my brothers... you made ... my life worth living"

Kix nudged your head weakly and kissed you on the lips one, sweet and last time. "My wish, on my death bed.... stay alive...for me" As the both of you kissed one last time, you felt Kix's hands move yours to the top of blades hilt and pushed it fully into his chest. Pucturing his physical heart. Tears poured from your eyes like a river as you felt his body grow cold, slowly agaisnt yours. His once warm lips motionless and icy. 

His hands fell from the hilt leaving yours to freely fly over your mouth as you screamed and screamed and screamed. Wailing like the mournful winds. Your heart taken away from you by this cruel galaxy. 

Taking one final look to your lover, you noticed something that made you smile, because even in death Kix smiled. You loved his smile. Like a soothing balm, the smile of you lover gone managed to calm you. Even in death he protected you. Now, you promised him to fullfill his last death wish. You will live. Until your time comes, you will live. For the love of your life, live until the angels see fit to harvest you. Then you would reunite with your lover.