The Captain and The General

Within the third week of their break, Rex, Cody, Wolffe, Bly and Fox sat in their barracks doing absolutely nothing. General Taala had dropped by earlier passing them off some sweet treats she bought from one of the vendors on Coruscant's upper levels. "Knock knock!" sudden shuffling was heard from within the boys' room and some hilariously panicked conversation along the lines of "Stop it Vod. Give me back my shirt!" and "-blushing like she's your girlfriend!" to "Rexy's got a girlfriend!" and finally "Wolffe! SHE COULD HEAR US!" then after some confusing yelps and other quips the door opened. 

"Oh, hey Rex!" Taala greeted with a cheerful smile. Outside she remained calm but within she was squealing away as she tried not to focus on a shirtless Rex. 'So, that's what the bickering was all about' she thought. 

"Ahaha... Gen-General Taala-Taala, uhm.. heyyy." the captain stood nearly eye to eye with the general blushing profusely at their closeness. Heat crept up Taala's face making her beautiful green tone turn a little darker "I, uhm, I got you some treats!" she blurted out. "I mean- I got ALL OF YOU some treats! Not just you, uh, here!" 

The two stood there just starring at each other until some coos could be heard from within the room, "Aww general, you didn't forget to greet us did you?", Cody teased the blushing mirialan. Taala winced "Hey guys! How are you?". "All's good general. We were very bored. Rex was very bored until you arrived." 

Rex clenched his teeth as threatened "SHUT UP FOX!". 

The boys giggled uncontrollably and continued to tease Rex, Taala was spared. She fiddled with her fingers as she desperately tried to not take a good look at Rex's toned body. "Uhm, general?" Rex chuckled, "You alright, Taala?". "Perfectly fine." She snapped from a daze then shoved the treats into Rex's arms. "Uh, enjoy. Bye Rex- I mean, captain. Captain Rex-uhnn.... Bye! Bye boys!" She wished and quickly speed-walked to her room, leaving Rex to the mercy of his four brothers. 

Rex watched until Taala disappeared from the corridor. "You guys are so DEAD!"

Meanwhile in Taala's room...

The mirialan Jedi just jumped right into her bed, face down on her pillow and squealed at the top of her lungs and began to mumble about attractive clones and whatnot. 

"She alright?" 

Zeporah pursed her lips. "I can't tell. She usually does this when she's seen someone really attractive." Starry nodded wordlessly and continued to look at the Jedi, "Attractive you say?" A gasp escaped Zeporah, "Could it be?" 

"It could most possibly be." 

The two girls turned to each other, trying to guess each other's thoughts. Finally coming to a conclusion they smirked, "Rex." 

-----

THE SHIP MUST SAIL!

On another fine day during lunch, the four clone commander's met up with Starry and Zeporah in the mess hall. "Alright. So we're not going to ignore the rancor in the room right?" 

"You mean whatever is going on between Taala and Rex. A blind man could see it." Bly sighed as he took a seat beside Zeporah. "Honestly, every time they meet they become a stuttering heap of mess." Starry nodded, "Like the other day when they accidentally walked into each other, neither dared to move an inch because of how close their faces were."

"Or that other time where some pilot was a little friendly with your master, Rex could not stop pouting that whole day." Wolffe chuckled and mimicked Rex's pouty face. The group began to bicker as they awaited the arrival of the final two members. Rex was just finishing some reports for the 501st and Taala was attending a meeting at the Jedi Temple. 

"Guys, guys. They're here!" Starry pointed out just us the captain and general entered the mess hall at the same time. As usually, upon their first eye contact they froze like a bantha in speeder lights. After some very funny exchange between the two, Rex being the gentleman allowed Taala to walk in first, despite the door being big enough to allow three people in. 

The six on the table began to giggle and snicker until Rex arrived and dropped himself on the table. "Long day vod?" 

The captain grumbled, "Just some last-minute reports is all." 

"Tell me about it, the Jedi do not know how to make a proper plan." Taala dropped herself into a seat in front of Rex. The captain was too tired to notice it, but the rest of the group already had. Taala ate her food mindlessly blissfully unaware of the others slowly shuffling away from herself and Rex. 

"Uh hey, Starry, I think we left our oven on!" 

"Uh, what oven?" Zeporah cleared her throat at nodded her head towards Rex and Taala. "OH, yeah. THAT OVEN!" Zeporah leaned on her master's shoulders and excused herself, leaving Taala to look at her padawan weird. 

Fox kicked Wolffe's feet under the table. "Uhm, it seems we have some work to do as well." 

"What? But you guys are still eating." Taala gestured to their food. Bly came in to rescue Wolffe, "Yeah it's really urgent general, we'll take our food on the go." 

The three shuffled out of their seats hurriedly. Rex caught their sights and noted the mischieve in their faces. "You sure you got work? I didn't know you had reports to do." The three froze in their steps, now in the eyes of Taala and Rex. "Rex, Vod, do we question you when you have work?". Cody slung his arm over Rex's shoulders and smiled slyly, "No, we don't. So, if its all the same to you I'll escort those three to their work yes." 

"Escort?" 

"Yes. I don't want them getting in trouble." Cody winked then left the two. "What was that about that about?" Taala asked cluelessly. Rex just shrugged. For a moment neither of the two were nervous around each other. 

Rex's comlink began to beep and a message came through loud and clear for both Taala and him to hear. "Oh and by the way, have fun you too." That's when both came to realization of their current situation. Taala gaped at the comm. She turned to Rex only to meet his already frazzled state. "NOT TO MUCH FUN OKAY!" Starry screamed from the comm. Both the captain and the general were too embarrassed to meet each others eyes, blushing like crazy. 

-----

Meanwhile in another room...

"I can't see." Starry squeezed herself between Fox and Bly. Zeporah squished herself between Cody and Wolffe. Before Taala and Rex arrived, they had set a small trap camera to spy on their prey. So far, neither jedi or captain managed to make full and complete sentences around each other. 

"How's the food?" Everyone in the room cringed at Rex's bad attempt at conversation. "They are going to need lots of help." Cody grimaced. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EXCUSE the bad writing. I'm in a block and I can't get a breakthrough. If you guys have any ideas for a story let me know. Maybe I can create a prompt list! Anyways, have a great day!