【Thirteen】

Start from the beginning

   You giggled on the other side of the call, "I suppose I am. Unbelievable, can't believe he's been keeping my existence a secret! What if I wanted to meet you and the other supposed roommates?" Ben groaned, and shoved the scarf from his face before yelling back, "Trust me, you don't wanna!"

   "How would you know, roblox child?" You called back mockingly. "Because I just know, you uncooked noodle!" A long dramatic offended gasp came from the other side. "Uncooked noodle?! Who do you think your talking too, you glorified twink?!" Kagekao snickered as the both of you argued before he muttered his own words, "'Roblox child'. That's great."

   Attention successfully snatched, you grinned with your words, "Thank you, I came up with it myself, after he accidentally spent real money on robux." The last comment made him chuckle and Ben began muttering profanities and how he was going to hack your Genshin account later. Before Ben could float up to steal his earbuds back, Kagekao gracefully dropped to the ground and leaned over the computer screen. "Anyway! Since the little brat here won't tell me anything, mind telling me what you two are playing, darling?"

   He didn't waver at all when the ghost chucked a broken controller at his head, instead he waited patiently for your answer. "Dead by Daylight, why? You wanna join us?" Rocking on his heels, the demon hummed, "Sure, why not?" Yoinking the earbuds back, the blond hissed, "Hell no!"

   "He isn't playing with us." Both you and Kagekao whined. "Why noooot? C'moooon! Besides, it will be more fun since unlike you, your roomie probably doesn't cheat!" Leaning over Ben to speak to the mic, the demon's mask seemed to become brighter, "You can call me Kage, dear!" "The name's [Y/n]!" You replied with the same enthusiasm. Holding his masked face in his hands, he cooed jokingly, "You're friend is so cute, I just might steal her from you." Which earned an unamused glare and aggravated glitching from the other.

Letting out a dramatic sigh, you continued to look around the map to find your friend. "Such a shame~ I learned the name of my good friend's roomie first before him..despite knowing him for two years." The demon cackled, "Two years?! And you haven't told her your name?" Rolling his eyes, the blond scoffed regaining his annoyed attitude, "Whatever. If you're gonna play, go hope on discord and join our call or whatever."

Pushing away from the gamer's chair, the demon threw his arms up in victory, while you let out a faint "yay" at the acceptance. Not long after the demon left the room, to go to his own room, you cleared your throat. Slouching, the blond moved to go open an exit gate once he finished the last generator.

   "You okay?"

   Normally, you wouldn't ask such a question. Seeing as your beloved Internet friend was usually a sarcastic prick who made fun of everything and everyone, but for some reason today, he seemed off. Yes, he was still sarcastic and annoying, but he seemed to be genuinely annoyed at something. Even before the whole roommate incident.

"Hm?" He questioned, while his character pulled down on the lever to open the gate. "I'm fine, nothing to worry about, doll-face." The nickname was said jokingly, to which you rolled your eyes at, "Are you though?" The urge to call you a hypocrite was on the tip of his tongue, but he shook it away, "Yes. I'm a-okay, just have had a lot of..frustrating work to deal with recently."

   Well if you would call his activities to be "work". He meant more of the fact he couldn't escape his coworkers constant nagging and teasing whenever he tried to fulfill a mission or do his own thing. Your character popped up on screen, and stood beside his outside the open gate. "Ah..I feel you on that one." You paused, "Hey, what do you do for work again? Maybe I can try to help?"