Home time

The day had come to travel back home. The mood was low, not wanting to leave the paradise we had been in for the week. Going back to boring England held nothing exciting, bad weather, work and stress. The only thing keeping our spirits high was that we had booked our first baby scan in for the weekend after we were home, expecting I would be around 7-8 weeks at that time. We were told this was a routine checkup and we wouldn't be able to find out the gender until 18 weeks, weirdly when they said that, I had the urge to not want to find out and for it to be a surprise but Mason was dead against it, saying he couldn't wait that long.

"Did you get your charger from upstairs?" Mason asked as he triple checked the villa for any last things we had forgotten to take. Before I could reply I caught a glimpse of myself in the mirror, I wore a light pair of joggers and a tight white tank top, topped with a jacket that lay over the chair near the door

"Mace. Look" I spoke excitedly, he turned almost instantly to see me stood in the mirror inspecting my stomach. It's the first time I had properly noticed a small bump that wasn't mixed with bloating from food. It was the most precious little thing I had set my eyes on. We had taken some photos at the beach when we had found out but the bump was more a mix of me breathing out and bloating, but this was real.

"Oh my god you have a bump" He yelled, rushing over to stand in front of me, his hands instantly going to my stomach in a protective manner. He rubbed slightly as I watched him, leaving a small kiss on his nose as he released.

"Our little cookie" I whispered, holding my hands on my stomach still as I continued to switch from my view from mason to the mirror and so forth. From outside of the door behind us came a beep.

"Our taxi is here" Mason said, quickly removing his hands and running around like a headless chicken to find all of our belongings. In matter of fact, there was no need for the stress. We didn't have that many bags for him to run around like he did but hey who am I to stop him! As we said goodbye to our home for the past week it was a bittersweet moment. How had we found out we are expecting a baby and in the space of this week so much has changed. I had already ordered tiny gender mutual onesies and outfits for them, I had a theme for their nursery and even ordered a few small decorations and toys.

We had planned on only telling our parents for now until we hit the 12 week mark as we heard that was when most people told friends and extended family. Not that google it always right but as you can probably tell, this whole parent thing is a bit new to us and we have no idea what we are doing. The ride to the airport was short and sweet, our flight home was set to land at around 4pm in England so we knew that people would recognise Mason. We had already spoke about staying apart in the airport to save rumours or photos spreading like wildfire, especially now our baby cookie is growing so quickly we didn't want to risk newspapers getting ahead of us.

"When do you have to go back to training?" I asked, quite randomly considering football had been the last thing on either of our minds while we had been away. Of course Mason bad ended up playing beach football with a few of the local teenagers but that was normal where ever we went

"This Monday I go back to training, I have a game on Saturday too. Why'd you ask?" I replied calmly, we had now made our way onto the plane after checking in and were safely in our seats near the front of the plane. Not a great place to be when you're pregnant and... wait. Now that explains why I needed to pee so much this last month!

"I want to tell my dad about baby but I want you to be with us" I smiled slightly, it was hard juggling football and life but I guess that's the same with any job. It seemed football was always happening and always a front burner of our plans, it had to be, the plans were always changing and the team always needed him. I understood, that's his job and I would never stop him from doing the job he has dreamt of.