summary + author's note

Daisy Mae Mckinley is a stubborn girl when it comes to doing things on her own.

Since a young girl, Daisy needed to take care of herself and her brother. Although he was older and tried his best, he was not a parent. Daisy learned young that the only way to get things done is to do it yourself. But something she hasn't fully grasped yet is that some things require help from someone other than herself.

When Daisy graduates high school and decides to head into the next phase of her life, which for her is going to college, problems keep piling up that she can't handle.

Constant anxiety about anything and everything, having a guy that likes her, all while trying to make it to every class and finish all her work and socialize with her roommates who she's never met before and making sure she's getting good grades, Daisy eventually hits a wall. And at that point, the idiom pushing up daisies hits a little too close to home.

* * *

Welcome to reading Pushing Daisy! This story means a lot to me, and I hope it can also mean a lot to you. It digs deep into mental issues like anxiety disorders and they can affect all aspects of someone's life. This story deals with love as a young adult with mental health issues, and some topics may be tough to read about.

Content Warning: This story is based on the main character's mental health and mental disorders. There will be mentions of heavy topics such as mental disorders, hospitals, self-harm, and suicide/suicidal ideation. Please read this story at your own discretion.

As someone who deals with mental health issues as well, this story can be hard to write, let alone read. So remember that no matter what, you have a place in this world. It may not feel like it, but everything is meant to happen for a reason.

To end this note with one of my favorite author's quotes -

"You are helpful, and you are loved, and you are forgiven, and you are not alone."

- John Green