"Is that all of them?" Leo asked as he looked around slowly and deliberately, as if a hidden one was going to jump out of nowhere and try to attack.

"I think we got 'em. What do you think, (y/n)? Ready to talk now?" Raph demanded as he turned to look at me from where I was still seated on the dumpster. I narrowed my eyes and shook my head as he groaned and stomped over to Leo and Donnie, who were still conversing quietly- probably to complain about me.

"(Y/n), can you please just talk to us- me at least? We just want to know what that jerk did to you 'cause it obviously wasn't good. Please?" I sighed and gestured Mikey closer as I considered just telling him. Would he be able to keep it a secret? Honestly, I believed that once he heard he would. Besides, it might be good to-

"Help!" A scream ripped through my eardrums. I froze in fear and my breath caught as I realized why it had scared me so much. The scream was raw loud, vocal cords trying their hardest not to break through the head-pounding cry that came from whoever was screaming. It had scared me so much because I had made that exact desperate attempt for help a week ago.

Without even thinking about myself or anyone else, I leapt off the dumpster and stomped towards Leo, reaching up and grabbing one of his katanas. Ignoring the calls of the boys behind me, I held the sword in front of me and ran as fast as I could towards where the sound had come from.

"(Y/n), wait!" Leo took off after me first.

"What are you doing, you idiot!" Then Raph.

"Plan! What plan?" Donnie.

"Wait, where did everybody go?" ...

I entered the alleyway and saw a girl about my age with four men around her. They were mugging and oh my- Pushing back tears of my own memories, I ran forward with the sword raised, determined to keep this poor girl from suffering the same night terrors and sessions that I still went through.

I screamed as I slashed down in front one of the men to keep them further away from her as she ran behind me, shivering and sobbing. I held the sword out again and without thinking, rushed forward again. Three of the men screamed and took off the other way, shoving and pushing each other back.

"Let's get out of here!"

"Dang- she crazy!"

"Holy sh-"

I slashed the sword again and the last guy that had taken shelter against a wall shoved off and spit on the ground before locking eyes on the girl behind me.

"You're not even worth it. Can't believe I almost wasted my whole night on you." My thoughts shattered as the words filled my head- first the attacker's and then the words that were spoken to me a week ago as I stumbled out of a guy's car in the middle of the abandoned part of New York. I didn't realize it but I was now shaking and muttering to myself as I shook my head, keeping my eyes shut. I was good on silence as there was no sound.

But then, I heard footsteps. The guy- the one that had just said a girl wasn't even worth what he was about to do to her- was running. Oh hell no.

My eyes shot open and I could see nothing, hear nothing, but the guy's back and the echoing sound of his footsteps as he sprinted away. Fully in control, I lifted the sword over my head and thrust it forward as hard as I could.

Thunk. Bang.

I closed my eyes and leaned my head up to the sky, taking a deep breath in as I tried to keep my hands from shaking even worst than they already were. There- I had just done what no one had done for me.

"Are you okay? Come over here with me." I was aware of Mikey talking to my left- probably to the girl- as she shakily answered and he swooped her up in his arms and quickly made his way further back behind me. Oh, he was trying to keep her from seeing what I had just done. I silently thanked him as I sniffed and picked my head up, turning around to face my fate with my head held high.