Shattering House Of Lies : EP 2

Lan Xichen, " I am still not done with either of you two. "

Li Xiuyang, " Do you think I don't know that you all are reluctant to believe me because you all are very afraid? Afraid to face the truth? "

Lan Xichen, " I am not afraid. I want to bring out the truth and investigate the matter with deep insight. And lady Xiuyang, I agree that we had blindly trusted Lianfang-Jun, but that doesn't mean that we will blindly believe you too."

Lady Xiuyang, " Very well Zewu-Jun, why don't you then witness everything yourself?"

Lan Xichen frowned and envinced a questioning look across the lady. " What do you mean? " He asked with confussion.

" Why don't you perform empathy and witness your dear sworn brother's glorious deeds that he did in the past? " The lady questioned back as a reply and raised an eye brow. A challenging look was tracing along the lines of her defined, large, grey eyes.

" Empathy? Empathy on whom? " Lan Xichen asked, perplexity evident in his voice.

Empathy could be transpired only through spirits and corpses; it was hence astounding to

"Why? Your dead sworn brother Nie Mingjue, Chifeng-Jun's dead body. " She answered nonchalantly.

Lan Xichen's eyes widened with horror. Jin Guangyao's face went pale and he stared at her with bewildered eyes.

" What? Zewu-Jun, the dead body that young Master Wei and Lan Wangji had rescued from the secret cave of Nie clan was of none other than your deceased sworn brother's. " Her voice was clear and assertive.

As soon as she finished, Lan Xichen did not waste a lone moment. He excused himself, and rushed towards the 'spirit locker' to retrieve the violent deformed corpse that had been rummaging through where ever it had been taken.

Within few minutes, Lan Xichen entered the Hall again, playing Leibeng skillfully,. The calming notes were as soothing as laughter of a sparkling river, and as healing as the fresh lushful green silence of the mountain forest. He was indeed playing the piece 'tranquilizer' that they use to calm down resentful disobedient spirits, corpses, or any possessed person.

 He was indeed playing the piece 'tranquilizer' that they use to calm down resentful disobedient spirits, corpses, or any possessed person

As he reached the circle of his brother's position, he stopped, and gazed at the younger jade. The latter nodded.

Within a moment, Lan Wangji summoned his Guqin and started playing another mystic tune, that was very unknown to non-Lan cultivators. Must be any exclusive Gusu piece.

After playing few more notes on the string, Lan Wangji paused.

"Ladies and Gentlemen. " Lan Xichen successfully gained everyone's attention within a second.

" I would request everyone to evacuate this Hall and take shelter in a coveted place, most preferably inside your allotted rooms. This corpse is voracious, and any miscalculation could lead to glaring loss. The amount of resentment that emits from the corpse is enough to drain ones entire yang energy. "