Chapter 8

Chapter 8: lovely moments

Eli's POV:

I loved this moment. But it's my last day with her. Is this really how she wants to spend it, I mean, I know I do. But does she really feel the same? She said she loved me, but probably like a best friend or a brother. Man I hate everything right now! I wish everything could just be better. Jamie and I staying together, Jamie's mom getting better, Jamie feeling better. That would be a miracle. Jamie snuggled in closer to my chest, sound asleep. I leaned in, and kissed her head. Then snuggled in with her. The room seemed quite cold. I leaned in and pushed my lips against Jamie's ear. "Jamie, it's 10:00, you wanna get up now?" She slightly opened her eyes and pushed into my chest. "Morning already?" "I'm afraid so angel." I decided, if this is my last day with her for such a long time, might as well have a day to remember. "Alright. Just a few more minutes." She once again snuggled in wearily. 5 minutes later, I kissed her neck and she let out a short low moan of delight. "Come on. Time to get up." "Alright." Slowly, I started to untangle myself from her. She looked so weak, and thin. She slowly sat up, still half asleep with her hair pulled back in a braid. I smiled at how cute it was. We got up,and got ready. Our last day together, then I go home tonight. Tomorrow is the last day of vacation but I need the day to organize myself for school. At least I got to see Jamie for the spring break. Maybe I would visit more often, do things the same way. Sleep in her bed, eat together, and spend each day together. I can't believe any of this. Tomorrow, I might tear myself apart. It's just too much to see her go. But I have to be strong right now. If Jamie sees me break down, she'll start to worry.

Jamie's POV:

It was 11:00. Eli and I both showered and got ready for our last day together. In a few days, I start school here. I wonder if I'll even make friends, people think I'm a freak.