010.

                                   [ this love is alive , back from the dead ]

        *.·:·.☽✧ ✦                                                                           HUSHED winds rustled against her ebony hair , absinthe eyes focused ahead and yet the zephyr sang omens in her ear. the atmosphere was ominous , and pansy parkinson had long learned to trust her guts — that was how she had survived that night in the warehouse. she had barely washed her wounds and tied fresh bandages around her arms when her stomach twisted horribly. surely , just as she had taken refuge on the roof , aurors stormed into the house. the wind had pricked her skin harshly , the frigid discomfort synonymous to needles pressing through her being — but she had maintained her position until she had been sure that the aurors had scattered throughout the house. someone had probably sold her out , and she had been fortunate to not be captured that evening.

pansy parkinson had hopes and dreams , wishes to go overseas and escape the rigid traditions that had shackled her until the war ended. but her temporary freedom came at a cost , and now she was a fugitive with her minutes ticking. but pansy would live , giving up was not something she knew — and failure was the last thing on her mind. she would not die in the likeness of an ordinary flame extinguished , but as a name engraved in history.

her hands were in her pockets and her mind was wandering , and as always , returning to the gryffindor with unkempt hair and amber eyes that glistened with excitement and curiousity. she wondered if it had been so easy for hermione to betray her , to betray the one she had so feasibly declared her love to.

fucking mudblood. it was pansy's fault of course , for trusting her and pulling her walls down , but the girl with olive eyes could never bring herself to think less of the sweet muggleborn.

"luck is always on our side", theo laughed bitterly , leaning against a wall. "kumar just had to change her department now."

"it feels suspicious", pansy mumbled. she twisted the silver ring on her finger. somehow , it all felt too — coincidental. did they know of their plans ? if so , why was the ministry not making any moves on them ? perhaps because their location was unknown ? but evanna had used a disillusionment while at the ministry — then how did they sense her presence ?

"it does." and then , theo fell silent , uncharacteristically so.

"what do you want to do after all this shit is over ?", the boy questioned. she felt a smile quip her lips. he could never stay quiet for long.

"run for the minister."

"that's oddly ambitious. what makes you think people will vote for a former outlaw ?" , he grinned lazily.

"all politicians have criminal records , the difference is , mine exists for no reason since i haven't committed any crime as far as i am aware. besides , people are easy to handle as long as you promise them justice that they demand of this world that owes nothing to them", her answer was simple , making theo whistle. her true reason went unspoken.

"you ?"

"don't know , don't care", he shrugged. "probably buy out some strawberry farm in the east and grow old peacefully." pansy snorted , growing old peacefully was something that was not theo — he'd rather drown himself in vodka.

a crackling sound echoed in the vicinity , and pansy had her hand clenched around her wand already before two familiar figures appeared ahead of her — making her sigh in relief.

"I could have grown all the ingredients of polyjuice and made the potion from scratch during the time it took you to get here', theo spoke.

"what took you so long ?", pansy queried.

"there was an unexpected casualty", draco replied simply. she watched as his grey eyes connected with evanna's  — a look passing between the duo. they knew something , something they probably wouldn't tell either theo or herself. she didn't blame them , their selflessness ended the moment it came to their collective survival. if the event had been that important , evanna would have let them know what happened. yet , pansy had some basic questions to ask.

that very night , when both of them thought theo and her were asleep ( theo was , of course ) — she heard them talking in frustrated whispers to the other , before she heard light chuckles ring through. pansy knew , as much as they pretended , the two had an odd way of looking out for the way. their love was different , so different from the one she had shared with hermione — and yet so familiar all at once. it was a love they were yet to recognize , but pansy knew.

  an unconscious smile passed gently over her lips , and she observed the ring on her finger — it's silver glinting against her porcelain skin. 

and when she closed her eyes , she pretended that it was them who were laughing , her under the sun — amber eyes and all.

[ a/n : don't mind me shipping pansmione in my corner ]