Chapter 67 ~ Criminal

Start from the beginning

"Blaze." She whispers into my back, "It won't help anything. This is what he wants." She's still clutching my arm, it's so tense I'm sure the blood vessels will burst, her two hands can barely fit around it.

"Oh, well would you look at that." He laughs sadistically, "You never bow down to anyone, never have, never will. I had such high hope for my son but you wouldn't even bow to me, such a disappointment." He sneers, digging the knife deeper into my chest, "But this Blonde beauty... well she's got you right where she wants you. Must be good pussy to give up all the other girls that frequented your company right?"

My vision recedes into a burning red target and I rip free of Atlas and my eyes zero in on one thing. My fists fly and blood pumps through my ears completely unaware of everything around me. My fists pummel into his face and body in no combination, mad, frantic and impulsive. It's not until I'm dragged away and held by two of his men I realise what I've done.

The men hold my arms behind my back pulling so tight they might as well dislocate my fucking shoulders, I look to my right where a single man is holding Atlas in a similar position. She looks straightforward, not daring to show any fear at all. Only I can see the slight tremor in her hand's bound behind her or the tightness of her jaw. Her eyes are glassy but she doesn't dare cry, not now. My girl is stronger than I am. And I've fucked up.

My father is laughing, blood dripping from his nose and mouth. He wanted this. He fucking wanted this.

"Point proven. Just like me Blaze. Same blood. Same temper. You could have done so much with me. You have underlying potential. You would have been the best fighter in the ring, best racer on the track, my successor in every way."

"Don't listen to him, Blaze." Atlas murmurs, he glares at her and she lets out a high pitched whimper as The guy pulls her arms tighter, gathering some of her hair to yank. I grunt trying to pull away from the men, my fathers got his bait. He will use the one person I love the most to get to me. He's already followed her around... for fucks sake. I've dragged her into the worlds biggest mess. "Whatever you are... are thinking Blaze... ignore it... just ignore it. I know... I know who you are..." She pants through the pain, looking deep into my eyes. Love and devotion shining brightly through her irises.

"Let her go. Let her fucking go! Hurt me. Not her, she has nothing to do with any of this." I scream pulling, my shoulders screeching and griping inside me. "Please. Just let her go. What will it take for you to go?! What will it take for you to leave us alone! Me, Atlas, mom, gemma. What do you want!? What will it take for you to just go!" I shout and huff, my throat on fire. I will do whatever to make sure he leaves my family alone once and for all. I don't even understand why he's back. From his use of past tense it's obvious he's given up on recruiting me back to New York, his eyes linger over me. He assesses me with a heaviness leaking into his features, almost like defeat.

He draws closer to me, wiping the blood that dribbles from his mouth on his wrist, just below his obnoxious watch. Rolex probably.

"That's why I'm here kid. Look, I couldn't give a shit about your mother or your sister, honestly, I couldn't give a shit about you either. I can see past... your defiance... in trying to get you to come back to us- even I do think it's the best place for you. We could rule together Blaze, or we could've at least had you not chosen all this shit." He looks pointedly at Atlas while I try to numb the sting of his words. Power. That's his play. And all I've ever been as a pawn in his game. "You see, Blaze, I've run into a... a little problem. It would seem we've been being... watched. The authorities are watching us like hawks right now. We've had shipments intercepted, spies working their way into our ranks and far too many raids throughout my various enterprises. Blaze. They're building a case against me." He prowls in the small face, scratching his stubble and for the first time actually looking worried about something. Lines crease his forehead and the ones around his eyes alert me to the bags nestling darkly under them.