He ignored the small voice telling him that he was reasoning irrationally again; the voice would have to realize it was wasting its time.

He pulled away for a moment to drag his teeth down her jawline, nearly biting into her skin when she moaned.

He felt her push against him, her legs trapping him between them. Her closeness to him was almost enough to make him lose control of himself.

"Fuck." She muttered harshly before pulling his face back to hers and roughly tugging on his t-shirt. Tobias knew that if she continued that way, she was going to rip it.

Not that he minded though.

She pulled away for a second, her eyes dazed with excitement and arousal. "Take it off." her fingers grasped the hems but he shook his head, making her whine in annoyance.

"Not now."

"Some other time then?" She asked, her eyes now lingering on his lower body as she bit her bottom lip.

"I didn't—" He finally gave into the rational part of him after breathing air rather than her addicting scent. Avoiding her eyes, he said, "I honestly do not think we should be doing this."

"What? Why?" She asked, he could hear the disappointment in her voice.

"It's too much of a complication."

She raised her brow in mock amusement. "What's making it complicated? Is the age gap finally getting to you? I'm fucking twenty-six. Do you even love me? At all?"

"I know that but it's not just the age difference, Eniola..." He held her arm, stopping it from crawling under his shirt. "You should know I love you. More than anything but—"

"But as a sister. I got the fucking memo two days ago and I still don't give a shit." She said, releasing her hands from his grasp and pushing herself off the bed.

"Princess..." He stressed but she did not let him get another word in.

" 'I love you as a sister and this doesn't feel right.' Is that not it?! What else are you going to say? I don't want to be loved as a fucking family member, Tobias!" She yelled, with him as he slowly got up from the bed.

"Eniola..." She had always been hot-blooded. He had to be the level-headed person at least. "Please calm down."

"Now you're going to act like the reasonable person here and make me feel stupid for getting emotional." She struggled to keep the anger in her voice as her eyes teared up.

"You know I'll never do that." He finally got close enough to hold her hand again. He never liked seeing her hurt. Her beautiful eyes did not deserve to have tears in them.

It wounded him to know he was the reason behind the tears.

"But that's how I feel right now. There's so much going on with you and your family and the court and that spaghetti guy." Who? "I just don't know. You're the only person keeping me in sync right now."Her voice lowered with each sentence. He thought her eyes got bigger at each sentence too. So pretty.

She immediately caught a tear that escaped her eyes with him covering her hand to catch the same tear.

'You're the only one keeping sync too. It has always been only you.' He wanted to say but it was incredibly difficult for his mouth to form words.

It was true.

She was a distraction he deeply appreciated. He didn't think he would dare replace the 'distraction' with another word. In the meantime, it would take it for what it was worth.