"Fine," she flippantly agreed.

Throughout their walk to the headmaster's office, neither one said a word. They allowed the hushed whispers of the portraits to envelop themselves. Though they had the company of each other, they felt alone in their walk.

At the door to the headmaster's office, Fiona announced the password that had been given to her in the letter. Exploding bonbons.

Malcolm guided her to the gargoyle staircase and placed her hand on the wall before wishing her luck. He retreated down the hallway shortly after.

As the staircase shifted and climbed up the tower Fiona clung to the gargoyle's wing, the only stable fixture. As the staircase came to a halt Fiona walked forward with trepidation.

She could hear voices on the other side of the door, muffled by the wooden barrier between her and the room.

One voice, in particular, was able to penetrate through the door. "It was exactly how Potter described it."

The voice was followed by a chorus of murmurs. "No doubt Crouch has relayed that information to his master," the voice continued.

But the voices suddenly ceased. Fiona counted her breaths, waiting for them to continue.

"Miss Diggory," Dumbledore called from inside the room. "Come in."

Startled, Fiona stumbled back before finally regaining her courage and stepping towards the door.

She cautiously pushed open the door but hesitated in the doorway. She could hear soft footsteps approaching her.

"Let me take you to a seat," Dumbledore offered before tenderly placing a hand on her shoulder. Fiona grew stiff at his touch but allowed him to guide her to a chair in front of his desk.

"Who else is here?" Fiona stiffly demanded. From behind his desk, Dumbledore chuckled.

"At the moment it's just us," he replied.

"I heard voices."

Dumbledore glanced over his shoulder at the portraits of the previous headmasters.

"The portraits of my predecessors were placed in this office as a way to honor them," he began as his gaze fell back on Fiona. "Though, I often find their counsel a great deal of help."

"Oh yeah?" Fiona huffed. "Did they help with your decisions after I told you about my dreams?"

"In my day a student would be hung by their ankles for speaking to the headmaster like that!" The voice from before quipped. Several murmurs of agreeance began to chorus from the surrounding portraits. Dumbledore dismissively waved the portraits into silence.

"That's enough, Phineas."

Dumbledore let out a deep mournful sigh as he peered at Fiona through his silver-rimmed glasses. "Their guidance has been beneficial, but we can discuss that when your parents arrive."

"Beneficial?" Fiona gawked as her jaw hung open for a moment. "My brother is dead! I warned you! You let him die!"

Dumbledore's head hung low at her remark as he silently nodded to himself. "I understand the sorrow you-"

"No!" Fiona shouted. She lept from the chair so abruptly the force sent it backward and onto the floor. "My brother is dead and it's your fault! I told you exactly what was going to happen if he went into that maze, and you did nothing! It's your job to protect your students - all of them!" Fiona roared. "Not just Potter."