Chapter 17- Shrewclaw

Just a quick notice: I will be switching to first person now because i tried it and it's a lot easier and it comes out with a better quality chapter (in my opinion) If you don't like this then please tell me and I will change it!

Shrewclaw's POV

I woke up outside the nursery, I must off fallen asleep while guarding the nursery. I was aching all over my body. I could see Brackenfur laying outside the elders' den. He looked so sad. 

Sorreltail was too focused on getting Brambleclaw back she didn't even take a glance at him. Brambleclaw still ignored him. Cinderpaw, Honeyfern and Poppyfrost (Newish made warriors) I felt really made for Cinderpaw because she had to watch her siblings get their warrior name while being stuck in the medicine den being treated for her leg. They still regarded Brambleclaw as their father while Honeyfern and Poppyfrost  resented him for not being part of their lives sooner. Slowly cats started to emerge from their dens.

"May all cats gather around the high rock for a clan meeting," Announced Firestar.

Yes! It was finally time for Hollypaw and Lionpaw to become warriors. I went over to the high rock and sat down directly beneath it and faced the clan.

"It is time for three young cats to become warriors, Hollypaw, Lionpaw and Cinderpaw, please step forward along with your mentors." Smiled Firestar. "Lionpaw, you were mentored by Ashfur and your incredibly known to be  great in battle. Hollypaw, you were mentored by Brackenfur, you are known to be extremely loyal. Cinderpaw, you were mentored by Cloudtail, every cat in this clan knows how  amazingly resilient you are." 
"Do you three promise to keep the warrior code and be loyal to the clan for as long as you ive under every circumstance?" Continued Firestar.

"I do," Vowed the three warriors-to-be.

"Then by the powers of starclan, I give you your warrior names. Lionpaw you shall be known as Lionblaze, Hollypaw you shall now be known as Hollyleaf and finally, Cinderpaw for all that you have been through I give you your warrior name: Cinderheart." Firestar finished.

"Go Cinderheart!"                      

"Well done!"

"Good job, Hollyleaf!"

"Yesss Lionblaze!"

"And before I forget, I might as well make Gingerkit and Mountainkit their mentors." Remembered Firestar. "Gingerkit step forward. From this day on until you earn your warrior name you shall be known as Gingerpaw. Your mentor shall be Larchwing. Mountainkit step forward, you shall be known as Mountainpaw until you earn your warrior name, as promised your mentor will be Brightheart."

"Yes! Thank you Firestar," Brightheart beambed while getting nods of approval from around the camp.

"Shrewclaw can you arrange a hunting-" Firestar got cut off.

"My Kit! he's gone! Shrewclaw he's not in my nest where I left him! What if he is dead by the side of a thunderpath? Or what if a twoleg took him?" Squirrelflight panicked.

" I will arrange a search party! Brambleclaw, Brackenfur, Hollyleaf, Whitewing and Icepaw look around the shadowclan border, Sandstorm, Dustpelt and Honeyfern come with me to the Windclan border while Mousewhisker, Berrynose, Ashfur and Thornclaw go towards the lake. Make sure there is 5 cats at least in camp at all times. Everyone else you can go in twos and search. I want to make sure my son is back here in his nest at sunset!" Commanded Shrewclaw.

"I will keep a look out for his scent," Assured Sandstorm.

"It will be okay Shrewclaw," Honeyfern soothed.

"She's right, after losing your sister hollykit and nearly losing Larchwing I know what it feels like." Comforted Dustpelt. "I will make sure my youngest grandson gets home safe."

Sandstorm was slightly ahead of us searching for any sign of his scent. I felt like I was going to burst out in tears. My only blood related son has gone missing. Loads of different reasons why were going through my head. I was absolutely determined to make sure I took my son back to squirrelflight.

"I smell blood," Whispered Sandstorm to Dustpelt trying to get me not to hear.

"Did you!?" Panicked Shrewclaw.

I started following the scent. every step I took it made the scent of blood stronger. I could hear other cats' voices. It was Spiderleg and Whitewing stood right over Viperkit's body while he was stuck in a fox trap. Whitewing was trying to loosen the rod around his back legs with a stick.

"What are you doing!?" Demanded Shrewclaw 

"I'm doing what Brambleclaw and Squirrelflight did to save Berrynose when he got his tail stuck in a fox trap," Explained Whitewing.

The rod around his legs had started to loosen. I saw loads of blood matted in with Viperkit's fur. I was terrified of losing my son. At this moment the only thing I cared about was making sure my son was safe.

"If you dig down on the soil around it then it will loosen even more. That could make it so we can get him out." Advised Spiderleg.

"Honeyfern run back to camp as fast as you can and get Leafpool and Jaypaw and even Hollyleaf and Brightheart if you see them. They all have medicine cat experience." Ordered Shrewclaw.

"Ok Shrewclaw-" Honeyfern ran almost as fast as a monster on a thunderpath.

Leafpool came running back with Jaypaw while Brightheart and Cloudtail gathered the right supplies from the medicine den. Moments later, Brightheart came speeding through the forest with Cloudtail trailing close behind her with all sorts of weird and wonderful herbs.

"Oh dear... Shrewclaw I'm so sorry, Viperkit has just under 20% chance of living and if he is a lucky one then he will never be able to use his back legs and will either have to be a medicine den helper or go straight to the elders den." Confessed Leafpool. "I'm so so so sorry."

This is one of my longest chapters so I hoped you enjoyed. Will Viperkit die? Or will he survive but live a painful life?  Keep reading to find out so yeah! There are 1067 words in this chapter.

Remember to Follow, Favourite and Comment down below what you think of this. There won't be many more chapters after this one so when you have finished this series please check out my next What if... Mosskit didn't die. Where she resents her mum for abandoning her and giving her away to Riverclan.