20

The next day, after class, Sam stayed with you to the art activity, and so it was Daryl who came to pick him up and not Merle. This time, you didn't go to have dinner with them, you didn't want another mess fight with Merle, even if you hated that he was making you expend less time with Daryl and Sam, but you didn't know to fix it.

The day after that, it was Friday, and Sam didn't stay to the art activity, as he told you that he was going to the woods with Merle after class. You didn't mind it...well, you did, a bit, sad that it seemed your weekend movie nights with Daryl and Sam might come to an end, but you understood Sam wanting to be with his dad, and wanting to go to the woods. It seemed he was staying both to the art class some days and with Merle others, and as long as he was doing what he wanted and was happy, you knew you should be content.

Still, when you were alone at your place that evening, you couldn't help your sadness as you missed the Dixon's and your evenings with them.

Early on Saturday morning, when you were still barely awake, you heard some knocks on your door. You frowned, confused at who could be at that hour, and you got up to open the door, surprised when you found the Dixon's there. Sure, they were early risers, but they'd never come to visit so early, excepts when they took you to the woods...still, you were very much not going to complain about them coming to visit.

"Hi, Y/N!" Sam grinned at you while you blinked at them, taken by surprise.

"Hey, sweetheart, you come early today," you said, smiling. "I'm glad to see you."

"Yes, we can have breakfast together!" Sam said and you nodded, smiling, though when you glanced at Daryl, you thought something seemed off.

"Sure we can, I'm going to put some breakfast together," you told him.

"I'll help ya," Daryl said and you nodded at him, heading to the kitchen while Sam went to the living room.

"Hi, Laura!" You heard him greeting your cat. "I missed you!"

"I'm sorry if we woke ya up or somethin'," Daryl said.

"No, it's fine," you assured him as you began putting together some hot cocoa and cookies. "But it's everything okay?"

"Yeah, just..." Daryl let out a sigh as he leaned against the counter. "Merle went out last night, I heard him coming back at the sunrise, brought a girl," he explained. "Didn't feel like bein' there this mornin' with Sam."

"Oh...I get it...I'm sorry...but I'm happy Sam and you are here," you said, smiling at Daryl, who gave you a soft smile, reaching to stroke your cheek before he helped you to carry breakfast to the table.

Daryl and Sam didn't stay only for breakfast, though, but for lunch too, since Daryl didn't think Merle would wake up any time soon, and on your side, you couldn't help but be glad that they were spending time with you.

Late in the afternoon, they were going to go back home, but Sam tugged at your hand.

"Y/N, come have dinner with us," he told you and you hated to say no to that look he was giving you, but...

"I think your dad will prefer if it's only you three," you told him and Sam let out a sigh that broke your heart a bit.

"So you're never comin' again? He asked you and it really felt like someone was stabbing your heart.

"It's not that, sweetheart, just..." You tried to look for something to say, but were at loss for words. "Just...your dad has just come back, wait for him to settle down and...and things between him and I will...settle down too..." You weren't even convincing yourself, and you hated this feeling of Merle winning nonetheless, either if you went and you both ended up fighting again, or if you didn't go and disappointed Sam and made him sad, no mention stopping yourself from spending time with Sam and Daryl. "But...yes, I think I'm going to have dinner with you." You finally decided, screw Merle, you weren't going to let him take time from you, Sam and Daryl.