【Twelve】

Start from the beginning

Faking offense, he bat your hand away, and glowered. "What does he look like?" Once again, he seemed to be ignoring your words. He was more worried about his suspicions to be annoyed at your antics or play along. With the sudden questions, your lips drew thin and you raised a suspicious brow. Lowering your voice, despite Luca not being able to hear you anyway, your eyes gained a stern spark, "Are you gonna kill this guy?"

'Yes.'
"No."

"I have a hard time believing that." Quietly, you voiced your concerns. The both of you were interrupted from your conversation when Luca made his presence known. He jumped out to stand in front of the both of you, clutching his nerf gun. How did you forget he brought that? Rolling your eyes, you stood up and took it from him, causing Luca to let out a sputtering sound. "Wh-give it back!" Jumping up, he attempted to nab it, but you just held it higher. Taking your other hand, you placed it on his face and pushed him lightly back. "You can't shoot Jack, Luca."

Pouting, he crossed his arms, "I wasn't actually gonna use it." Handing it back to him, you raised a brow, "Uh-huh. Go put it away, I'll put in toaster stroodles." Sucking in his cheeks, Luca scampered off to put his toy away, and you spun on your heel to head towards the kitchen. Going into auto-pilot, part of you forgot that there was another person in the dorm, not just you and your brother. Feeling a bit helpless, the demon simply followed you quietly, before sitting at the island that sat smack dab in the middle of the kitchen.

Rummaging in the freezer, you pulled out chocolate filled toaster stroodles and plopped two in the toaster, before stuffing the half empty box back in the freezer. While waiting for that, you took out a plate and two cups. Placing those down, you paused before spinning on your heel.

"Want anything to drink?"

He shook his head, and simply went back to staring at you. Sometimes you wondered if you'd ever get used to his staring problem. But that wasn't your main concern at the moment. Oddly, he went back to being quiet, similar to when he was first warming up to you. Well, he was always quiet, but this quiet was different. It didn't bother you so much, just made you a bit worried. Although you couldn't tell what he was thinking, since he had black voids for eyes, you assumed based off his posture he was in a daze, thinking.

Sighing through your nose, your gaze softened a bit, before you turned and went back to setting up Luca's breakfast. Once the toaster popped, you took the pastries and put them on a plate, before grabbing milk from the fridge and pouring it in one of the cups. Placing the milk back, you took the cup and plate, closed the fridge door with your foot, and placed everything down at the island, near one of the corner seats. The seat, Luca always sat in.

The lingering feeling of someone watching you never faded, but at this point you learned to shrug it off. Placing your own cup under the coffee maker, you threw a flavoring cup into the top section of it, before turning it on. The smell of coffee grounds quickly filled the room. Turning, you rested your back on the counter so you could face Jack. He looked a little silly sitting at the island. His hands were cupped together and displayed on the table, and it was quite obvious the island may have been a bit cramped for him. His lanky stature looked out of place, and one of his legs even stuck out from around the island, since there was so little space. Despite it all, he didn't seem to be bothered by any of it. His mask still showing no emotion, yet some sort of patient vibe radiated off of him. Snickering, you stared back into the black abysses of the mask.

The staring contest of sorts went on for a bit, with no words exchanged. The only sounds being the coffee maker and the occasional shuffle from Luca's room. A few times, you swore you saw his hood move for a second, which made you grin at the idea of his pointed ears twitching at the slightest sounds. It was funny to imagine.