Part 3

Reina woke up with the sun.

It was typical of her people to wake early and rest late, but she never really followed the sun as a time device. Her people did live in caves after all.

While they did venture out and train in the surrounding Forest, most of the young didn't go out often. Trips outside were usually done after the clan's birthright, so it had been weird to see the sun rising and falling everyday. It was also one of the reasons why she didn't really mind being secluded to her apartment, because at least now she had a window.

Reina found that she enjoyed laying by the window in the sunspots that entered her apartment. The natural energy that buzzed from the rays were comforting and calming. So when she woke up, she would immediately go to sit in the sun and meditate.

This was also the best time of day to practice her regulation of senjutsu. She didn't necessarily have to worry about raging, but she thought I'd be useful to learn to teach later on- or to help with her more complicated kekkei Genkai techniques.

She hadn't been able to crack open her family's personal scroll yet, because she was focusing on the new outside world, but she knew that there were some especially complicated transformations that she could take on.

Sitting in the morning sun, Reina ran through her plans for the day.

She wanted to see a tour of the village, as well as the library. Reina didn't know much about other countries native animals or plants, and she figured her education was not up to par as well. Her clan had only focused on becoming strong ninja, and while her abilities would make her an excellent tracker- she didn't have the vaguest idea of what plants and animals were poisonous.

Because she could heal faster than the normal ninja, and filter out poison through her natural energy- she probably wouldn't die- but that still didn't mean that she'd want to inadvertently poison herself in the field.

Reina's generation was actually one of the first generations that actually taught the young Ryuuchi people to read and write, so she figured she had a lot to catch up on when it came to schooling. She had often been praised for being analytical- but- compared to what was normal for Konoha, she was probably just average. She had excellent instincts, but if someone where to test her on civilian knowledge, they would most doubtebly think she was stupid.

Thinking back on her day, she felt a massive spark of chakra next door, and a bunch of clamors that signified heavy footfalls. It sounded like a small landslide- accompanied by a triage of rude noises- and then the room seemed to level out into a loud but manageable decibel level.

Well, guess that means the neighbors are up.

It was quite ironic that one of the loudest human beings ever heard was housed next to someone with the best hearing out of their clan. Reina was used to it, but it didn't make it any less annoying.

She swore that kid was louder than her brother.

Reina giggled at the thought of him. Her mother had said that he had 'come out the oven screaming' and that 'he could go into opera'. She never really knew what that meant, but it was funny nonetheless.

As if on que, the loud sounds from next door seemed to travel out their door and stop at hers. For a second, it seemed to quiet down, but then there was a loud knock on her door.

"HEY NEWCOMER-SAN, WE HAVE TO GET GOING TO THE ACADEMY OR WE'LL BE LATE!"

For a moment, Reina didn't react- she had assumed the boy was around her age, but her classmate? The third had said he was sending over one of his favorites, so It seemed odd to send someone who didn't match up with konoha ideals (at least from what she had read) to be her liaison to the academy.