" C'mon, you nerd. " ; angst + fluff

NOTES: Hofnarr x Reader, image above is what I imagine Reader to look like. Just note that Reader will be a higher rank than Hof, and.. that's about it lol enjoy
written to more hofnarr's side of things, so this will be taken in third person 

~

Here you were, collapsed against your desk with your head buried onto your clipboard.

All these experiments have been fails! What would Dr. Phobos say about this!? You were sure to be fired if you can't get things in line, or worse...

~

"Y/N! I'm back, are you-..!" The small scientist seemed to pause, his cheerful look ridden with worry taking over. "Oh my stars, are you okay!?"

You were slumped over, nearly crying with frustration. Though, your feels lightened slightly when you felt a familiar, gentle hand on your back. "Hey- Hey, it'll be okay... I-Is it work again?" Hofnarr asked with a warm look, sitting in the chair besides you and scooting close. 

"I-.. Well, I guess you could say that..." You muttered, looking ashamed. Breaking down, in front of him? You're kidding... You're one of the highest ranks scientists, you can't be crying in front of somebody lower than you! 

Though, he didn't think of you any lesser. Not at all.

Instead, he wrapped his arms around you. Everything seemed to freeze for a moment, with you looking at him with a furiously confused look. But that didn't stop yourself from hugging him back.
Your mind was full of questions. Why was he doing this? Comforting the likes of you? You should be ashamed for this... Burst of emotion! You're pathetic, you don't deserve this! YOU DON'T-

You sighed, pushing back those thoughts. You had a deathly grip on Hofnarr at this point, tears pouring from your eyes from so much emotions bottled up past the years. 

"C'mon, Y/N... It'll be okay, I wanna see that big ol' smile of yours back on yours face! Y'know, you look good when you smile.." Hofnarr said bashfully, rubbing your back.

"Oh, c'mon, you nerd." You smiled a little, holding him close and dear. "Thanks Hoffy, I... I dunno what I'd do without you sometimes."

"Well, of course! You're special to me, and I just want you to be okay, hehe..." He rubbed the back of his neck gingerly, giggling as he hugged you tighter.

You smiled at him. That big, bright smile.. He'd never forget it, even if it's been years already.