15. Uncle Ivan

I immediately looked to the side. There standing was Marshall. He was in his Mickey Mouse onesie and was breathing as can ever be.
"Marshall?!" I shouted. I ran up to him before picking him and hugging him tightly. That's when I cried even more. But happy tears. He's not dead after all.

---

"And then I found him sitting in my living room watching Phineas and Ferb," said Chloe. I looked at Marshall who was sleeping in my lap peacefully. "And that's not the crazy thing. He kept on complaining about wanting to see this 'Uncle Ivan'" said Chloe.
I looked down at Marshall. At least he's safe. "Enough about that. What happened to you?!" exclaimed Chloe. I looked at her before taking a breath.

---

"HE WANTS YOU TO WHAT?!" shouted Chloe angrily. I looked at her before glaring. "Keep it down. He's sleeping," I said. "Well sorry but no. He can't just tell you to leave the country. He's not the King of this place?!" said Chloe.
"I know but I think I should leave. I don't want to be involved with him anymore," I said as I slowly stroked my fingers through Marshall's hair.

"And revenge?" asked Chloe. I looked at her. "You can't tell me you're not going to get revenge Hazel?! The man kidnapped you, abused you and treated you like garbage?! Don't tell me you're not leaving without revenge?!" "Chloe?!" I shouted as I covered Marshall's ears. "You're going to wake him up!" I shouted even louder. Marshall stirred in his sleep.
"I'll get my revenge later. For now I have to get Marshall and I safe," I said. I was deep in thought of what to do next.

"Well where are you going?" asked Chloe. "Atlanta GA. I'll move there and stay there. Some of my family is there so I shouldn't worry about going missing again," I said. Chloe then took my free hand. "Well I'm going with you," she said. I looked at her. "Are you mad? I'm not trying to be rude Chloe but I barely even know you and here you are already wanting to bug into my personal life," I said.
Chloe gave a small frown. "I know it's not so long since we've met but trust me. I want to help you and Marshall. You guys are like my only family," said Chloe. That's when it hit me, Chloe was an orphan.

I thought about it for a minute before nodding my head. "Fine, but I'm warning you Chloe, you're getting yourself caught up in trouble," I said.
Chloe gave me a smile. "Well as long as I'll be with my best friend then I'm down for it," said Chloe. Wow, she really is serious.

---

"Happy birthday to you!" shouted my parents from the screen. Marshall blew out the candle and smiled. "Hooray!" shouted Ma. I slowly moved the phone screen towards me. "Thank you ma," I said smiling. "Anything for my lovely grandchild. You guys should come visit soon," said Ma. I smiled. Our last visit was last weekend.
"I sure will Ma," I said. "Oh, and qmake sure to bring Chloe along. I want to ask her about that makeup product she recommended me," said Ma.

"Yes Ma. I've got to go now," I said. "Okay. Love you," said Ma. "Love you too. Bye Pa!" I shouted. "Bye muffin. Tell the birthday boy to save me some cake," said Pa. I nodded my head. My parents hung up on the call and I put my phone down.
I saw Marshall already eating the cupcake. "Okay birthday boy. How did you enjoy your birthday?" I asked Marshall.

It had been a couple of months and today Marshall was 3. I took him, Chloe and I to the zoo and to go watch Cars at the cinemas. It had also been months since I've came to Atlanta. Surprisingly, no signs of Dimitri and I was happy.
I was living my life with my best friend, son and family. "SUPRISE!!" shouted a loud booming voice. In came Kylie with Chloe not following behind her? Kylie was Chloe's girlfriend of 2 months now and the two were perfect together. Since Chloe and I were living together Kylie would come and visit sometimes.

Kylie was holding a wrapped present and some balloons. "AUNT KYLIE!!" shouted Marshall as he got off the kitchen island and ran up to Kylie to hug her. "Happy birthday marshmallow," said Kylie as she handed Marshall the present and balloons. Without saying thank you Marshall unwrapped the gift and got a Mikey Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle figure. "WOW!!" shouted Marshall as he showed me the figure. I smiled.
"Umm, Hazel, someone's here to see you. He says his name is Ivan?" said Chloe. Then without even a second doubt, Marshall immediately dropped the figure and ran towards the door.

"UNCLE IVAN?!"