fifty-five

Who knew decorating a new house would be so much fun. I mean the picking out the new paint colors, the new appliances and I might have picked out some new light fixtures because they were just so perfect for the vibe I want the house to have I just couldn't resist. Callie wasn't a big help either, just enabling my spending on things that were 100% not necessary to buy right this second but, she also ordered some things for her nursery. In total I got about 10 gallons of paint, all for different rooms. The appliances are getting delivered to the new house this weekend since we will be there but the gentleman that helped me said I could schedule a day for them to come back and install them for us.

I called Harry when we were done shopping but he didn't answer his phone, odd but for all I know he's probably working out. I loaded all of the paint into the back of Harry's Range Rover. My car doesn't have a huge frunk, a front trunk, so I took this car instead. Callie tried to help me but I scolded her immediately, let her know that she is just here for company, not for manual labor. Plus I'm trying to help her feel more comfortable with going out and about in public while being pregnant, it's what a best friend does.

Callie took aux in the car, playing Somebody To Love by Queen, insisting that the baby can hear the music and from her process of elimination Queen is baby boy's favorite. I'm not complaining because if that's the case then the baby boy has exceptional taste.

"Each morning I get up I die a little, can barely stand on my feet!" We sing together as we make our way back to the house. "Take a look in the mirror and cry, lord what you're doing to me!"

Callie makes a fist for me to use as a microphone, holding up to me for me to sing the next line by myself and I really get into it, I have spent all my years in believing you but I just can't get no relief, lord!"

"Somebody, oh somebody. Can anybody find meeee somebody to love!" We sang together again. We continue singing along to an array of Queen songs all the way back to the house, Callie laughing every time baby boy kicks and me cringing internally at the back that it looks like he's trying to break out of her.

"I don't care what anyone has to say, if I had a thing inside me kicking, I would kick the little bitch back." I huff out while carrying all the paint into the garage.

"I hate to break it to you babes but you would be far too uncomfortable to lift your leg that high, also I doubt it is even possible." Callie chuckles while standing in the garage, waiting for me to finish.

"Well good thing I'm never going to be in the position to have to figure out a way to kick it back." I shake my head at her, placing down the last can of paint before going to close the trunk and the garage so we can head inside.

When I open the door that leads to the inside of the house, music is playing through the house but I can tell it's not coming from the gym, it's coming from the kitchen. Don't Stop Me Now by Queen happens to be the song of choice for whoever is in the kitchen. I set the keys down on the entryway table as we walk past it to head into the living room.

When we walk in I see all the boys dancing around the kitchen, Harry is crotched down a bit, dancing with mainly his upper body, singing along to the song. While I've seen plenty of dance parties go down in the gym, seeing it happen in the kitchen is a first for me.

"I'm home!" I shout over the music. My voice has Harry standing up straight but he continues to dance, actually dancing his way towards me like how I would imagine an old man would dance because he can't move his body properly anymore.

"Hello beautiful! Did you find everything you wanted?" Harry says while pressing a swift kiss to my lips.

"I found a bunch of paint, picked out new appliances and some new lights for the house. What's with the dance party?"