25| saija's tale.

Start from the beginning

"I'll think about it." She playfully rolled her eyes and even though she had on glasses he knew that she did. Meechie leaned down to kiss her lips multiple times.

"Thank you beautiful wife." She waved him off and they both smiled as he closed the door. Jogging around the other side, he got into the driver's seat and headed to the doctor's office.

꧁꧂

"Baby girl is all healthy! How are you doing mom?" Dr. Hartford asked as she moved the stick across Saija's belly. She was seven months and their daughter was growing beautifully.

"Good! I'm always tired and my feet are always swollen, but it's all normal so that's fine with me." The second time Saija got pregnant, she was scared that she wouldn't be able to carry because of how weak they said her uterus was. Thankfully she did and safely delivered Kiyan and Kasen, so she hoped that this one would go as smoothly. Meechie was also a big help and he was a part of the reason why everything was okay. He didn't have her doing anything that required her to move too much and even though she felt like he treated her like she was handicapped, she knew it was necessary for the life of their children.

"Great, just remember to keep it easy and get your rest. I know you were worried last time but just keep doing the same things and everything will be okay." Dr. Hartford reassured her. "Oh and dad, massage her feet and get her everything she wants!" All three of the adults laughed as Saija wiped the gel off of her.

Meechie helped her down off of the table and they made sure to grab the ultrasound pictures before leaving. They sat down and ate lunch before going to Home Goods and grabbing decorations for their daughter's nursery. The room's interior colors matched the aesthetic of their whole house—white, browns, nudes, and greenery— but Saija added decor with different shades of pink to make it more fitting for a baby girl. She did the same thing for the boys' room, just with green and blue instead of pink.

Going back to A Bite of Blue, she personally made a baker's dozen of the shop's signature blue velvet cupcakes, even though her ankles were still swollen. Once she finished, it was almost time to pick up Kiyan and Kasen from school, so she packed up twelve of the cupcakes and saved the thirteenth for herself to eat in the car.

"Mommy! Daddy!" The fraternal twins yelled as their parents picked them up from the carpool line. They both picked up one each.

"Hey babies, how was y'all's day?" Saija asked, looking at Kiyan who was in her arms. His skin was lighter than Saija's but he shared the same nose and eyes with his mom. Kasen was her spitting image.

"Good." She heard Kasen say from behind them as he was in Meechie's arms. Kiyan gave her a thumbs up and a smile. At four years old, the boys were very smart and independent. Both Meechie and Saija had taught them well, but Meechie was who they flocked to the most. They copied everything he did and Saija thought it was so cute. Meechie loved it and fatherhood was exceeding his expectations. He was nervous at first but he remembered how his father made him feel loved and that was all he wanted for his kids.

"Guess what mommy has!" Saija said enthusiastically while they were strapping them in their car seats. Both of the boys' eyes went to her since they knew what those words meant, they were eager to see what she had for them. Their eyes lit up once they saw the grey box with "A Bite of Blue" written in cobalt blue on the front of it. They couldn't read yet but they recognized the logo and knew that a treat was inside.

"Aht aht they ain't eating that in my car." Meechie shook his head as he drove in the direction of their house. This car was his newest purchase and he really liked it, it was starting to become his favorite.