𝟎𝟐. paradise

⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⊰⋅•⋅⋅•∙∘☽༓☾∘∙•⋅⋅•⋅⊰⋅•⋅⋅•⋅

𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒕𝒘𝒐

𝐌𝐞𝐬𝐨𝐩𝐨𝐭𝐚𝐦𝐢𝐚 𝟓𝟎𝟎𝟎 𝐁.𝐂.

The days went by as they lived in peace with the humans, especially thanks to Rhea's and Sersi's assistance.

They were settling well on this new planet and adapting to their culture, including learning their language, which was easier to do than Rhea thought possible.

She thought humans were very interesting, they were intelligent and most of them kind. Of course, she knew there were also people who often made mistakes and that she shouldn't get her hopes up or grow fond of them, she would only end up being disappointed.

But the girl knew it was too late to stop that from happening.

One day she decided to explore, and to her surprise came across a meadow near a lake, it looked like paradise. She thought it would be the perfect place to read or draw, two things she discovered she enjoyed doing.

She sat in silence for what felt like hours, feeling in tune with nature, and listening to the melodies it created. Out of nowhere, a butterfly came flying in her direction. She stood up and automatically raised her hand, where it carefully rested.

After a while, she watched as the butterfly flew away in the sky, making out its shape from afar.

"I thought I might find you here, sweetheart."

She turned around at the sound of his voice, taken aback by his sudden appearance, Druig.

"Fuck, Druig, you scared me! And how? I only just discovered this place." still feeling her heart beating rapidly against her chest.

He shrugged and chuckled, "You love nature, Rey, it was only a matter of time you found a wonderful place like this" He gestured around the meadow.

Since their conversation in the Domo they haven't talked much, just quick exchanges here and there. He usually kept his distance and she respected that.

But that didn't prevent him from looking at her any chance he got. When she laughed with Kingo at some stupid thing Ikaris said, or when her and Makkari were joking around for fun.

He loved to see her happy, though he would never dare admit it out loud.

"Yeah, I guess you're right." She smiled at the thought of him already knowing her so well.