New Home

Dad's private jet with all our luggage just landed on the mainland. Mom, dad, Morgan, and I have been waiting on the tarmac for about an hour because the airport in upstate New York was delayed. Now we can finally go see our new house and I can finally take a nap because I am totally jet lagged.

"Finally!" Morgan dramatically groaned out

"Alright Morgan, Maddie grab your bags and bring them down to the ferry while I help your mom get our stuff." Dad demanded. He likes to be in charge so we let him think he is but in reality it's mom who's in charge.

Morgan and I start walking down to the dock that the ferry is at and wait for mom and dad. While waiting a family walks by and before boarding a blond haired lady stoped in front of us.

"Hi! I'm Rose I haven't seen you girls around here before so I'm guessing you must be apart of the family who bought the house right next door to us?"

Morgan and I aren't really the type of people to socialize with people our age let alone some random lady we've never seen before.

"Uhm yea I think so. Im Maddison by the way but, everyone calls me Maddie and this is my sister Morgan." I say with the fakest smile but Rose seems to buy it.

"It's nice to meet you girls. This is my husband ward, our son Rafe, and two daughters Sarah and wheezie." She says that last part while wrapping her arm around the waist of the tall man who I assume is her husband and placing her free hand on the shoulder of the dirty blond girl around mine and Morgan's age. She obviously didn't like it cause she moved away from the woman's grip with a scowl plastered across her face, which would of made me laugh until I felt a pairs of eyes settle on me. It was a tall boy standing behind the dirty blond who I haven't yet figured if she's Sarah or Wheezie.

I was going to comment on him having a staring problem but, Mom's voice caught my attention.

"No Tony we are not getting Another dog!"

"Wha- why not?! You already love rocky." Dad whined sounding like a toddler who was just told not to touch something.

"Yes I do love rocky but-"

"No way we're getting another dog?!" Morgan chimed into their conversation.

They continued to argue about whether or not we were getting another dog while I apologized to the family in front of me. They accepted my apology and went on with their day but before the dirty blond boarded the boat she said

"Hey Maddison since your new and all you should stop by the kegger down at the bone yard tonight. Oh! And bring your sister."

I didn't want to seem rude and say no so instead I agreed.

"Hey- wait uhm are you Sarah or Wheezie?" I ask her kind of hesitantly. She laughs before answering "Sarah." I smile as she turns and walks away.

"Who was that Mads?" Someone asked from behind me.

"Our neighbor and her her family." I say without paying any mind to who just asked me that.

Mom comes up behind me placing her hand on the small of my back.

"Well she seems nice." Mom says to me.

"Yea she invited me and Morgan to some kegger thing on the island but I'm not gonna go."

"Oh yes you are." Dad demanded. "And so are you Morgs." He said turning to face Morgan.

"What?!"

"I'm not going dad you know Morgan and I don't like meeting new people." I retort matter of factly

"Yea and I wanted to make sure all of my stuff came back in one piece." Morgan said defending my previous comment

"I don't care we came to Outer Banks to live a normal life away from..." dad paused before continuing his sentence and looked around to make sure no one around us was listening " all the superhero shit. You girls lived your whole life worrying about people attacking me or you or even your mom. And I just want to start fresh and live a normal life like a normal family"

I just looked at dad completely annoyed at him. He knows I hate people and anything to do with them. I mean don't get me wrong I love my family but I only tolerate them because- well they're my family.

"That is such bullshit. Dad you know we are not a normal family and we never will be. The only reason we moved away from New York was because you thought we would be in danger."

I whisper yell at dad because I know if I talked any louder people would start to stare or finally realize that " The Tony Stark" was right in front of them.

Dad and I continued to argue back and forth while boarding the ferry and he eventually won but I'm not surprised cause the adults in our family always have their way. No matter the situation.

Author note:
Soooo how do you guys like the first chapter?

I honestly think it's not that good but it's probably because I'm just rereading something I already wrote but anyway
XoXo,
Lani❤️