Dramione (2) - Living Death

Hermione was stuck in the potions class. She was rather irritated with Ron and Harry. They had royally messed up their potion that morning and somehow she had fallen for their trick. Well it wasn't that she didn't know how. She was extra tired in the morning and wasn't in the mood to deal with them. She ended up in front of their potion when Snape walked into the class and Harry and Ron were in front of hers. She had gotten the detention they deserved.

The door opened and Hermione turned to see who was there. She was hoping it was Ron or Harry. At least there to own up to what they did. She wasn't surprised when she saw it wasn't either of them. She sighed and turned back to the potion in front of her.

Draco was looking for a little alone time to work on one of the less tedious potions he knew. He simply wanted to perfect his art and practice was always the better option. He had figured that the class would be empty since it had been quite late. He was momentarily taken back when he saw Hermione.

"Granger, what are you doing here?" Draco frowned.

"I just love potions." Hermione rolled her eyes. "What do you think, Malfoy? I'm serving a detention sentence."

"That disaster potion was yours? I somehow find that hard to believe." Draco set his bag down next to Hermione and looked into her cauldron.

"It wasn't mine. It was Harry's and Ron's disaster I got stuck with." Hermione sighed.

"It should be a light peach not an orange. Did you not add the basilisk fang shavings?" Draco asked.

Hermione sighed. "Shit. I got distracted."

"I mean it's still salvageable. Add the shavings now and stir 5 times anti-clockwise. Then 10 times clockwise and let it sit on the flame for a bit."

"T... Thank you, Malfoy." Hermione smiled a bit and did exactly what he said.

The potion colour changed slowly as Hermione followed the steps. It went dark at first which made Hermione think Draco was messing with her. After she finished stirring it clockwise she saw the colour blend into a pearl white. She let out a sigh of relief as she allowed the potion to sit. The colour gradually turned to the light peach it was supposed to be. Hermione quickly viled up the potion and set it on Snape's desk.

"Ammm thanks again." Hermione said softly.

"Don't mention it. You shouldn't have to serve detention for Potter's stupidity." Draco shrugged. "Don't worry I won't tell Snape that I gave you a few pointers."

"Actually, I'd prefer it if you did tell him." Hermione smiled. "I would have turned it into a worse potion if it weren't for you."

Hermione left the class and a slightly smiling Draco. She was both a little happy and a little annoyed he had showed up. Happy because he acknowledged that she wasn't horrible at potions and because he helped her finish a little faster. Annoyed because he had distracted her and she would have had to redo it. Also because Harry and Ron didn't show to say sorry.

*~*~*~*~*~*

"Are you still mad at us?"

"As a matter of fact I am. Now just leave me alone." Hermione huffed and walked away.

Draco smirked to himself and set up his cauldron. Hermione hadn't really said anything to Harry and Ron since she took the detention over a month ago. She had been to the potions classroom a few times to learn a few things from Draco.

"Miss Granger you are working with Mr Weasley today." Snape deadpanned as he walked through the class.

Hermione sighed and stood next to Ron. The class seemed to go by relatively slow as she watched the seconds tick by. She took control of the potion mostly - not wanting to get into anymore trouble. Ron was only allowed to help when Snape walked by.