━━━07

↢ ❦ ↣

▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰

▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰

"Y/N.." Her Father sighed as he paced around the door silently. Eyes filled with thoughts and unspoken words, he gave her a quick look before grumbling and turning away yet again. Hands together behind his back, hair still wet from his recent shower.

"Papá-"

"Y/N I am a Widowed father taking care of four kids and a busy as hell job. One that I have to get sent out for again tonight." He pulled out a chair before sitting in it with a low groan.

"Go off in the village with me, might as well grab some stuff until one of Madrigals come by and I actually have to leave and they take care of you."

She nodded silently to her father, watching as he briefly checked in her siblings rooms to make sure they were alright before gesturing towards the door and the two of them headed out towards the village.

It was a silent walk as the morning dew filled the air, crunching of the grass under their feet as the village grew as they got closer. Y/N fiercely looked forward trying to not see the others stares as they reached in.

"Go look at the tomatoes and cabbage." He instructed briefly, looking curiously at the packages pastries.

Y/N walked slightly forward and walk surprised to see the town was extra crowded the day after the gift ceremony. Gripping her satchel tightly she tries looking for a space to get threw and find the vegetables sooner. She did not want her father more disappointed in her.

"Aren't you meant to be at home?"

Turning back she scoffed slightly at the Shape-shifter, quickly giving in to a smile and grabbing his hands. His eyes widened in shock and confusion as she pushed him into the crowd, easily using him as a barrier to anyones elbows or joints.

"Ow-" Camilo sent her a glare before he transformed into Luisa and dealt the blocks easier. Slightly hovering over her which she thought was mildly awkward until they stepped out of the building crowd.

Y/N sent him a grin, slapping his shoulder softly and ignoring the offended look he wore. She started walking backwards with a "Thanks Chameleon!"

"Don't call me CHAMELEON!" His voice cracked.

She chuckled, walking up to the Tomato stand; handing the Woman enough for about four tomatoes. Enough to last her and her siblings a few days.

Y/N walked right over to the Cabbage stand and did the exact same thing she had done before, deciding to be nicer and let out a "Thanks Señora Lopez!"

Turning around she was shocked to see the boy in the same position. Watching her carefully with his arms crossed, Ruana slightly ruffled from the wind.

The twos attention turned as they saw a slightly Irritated Luisa walking down from a hill. Spotting Camilo and Y/N together she swiftly made it to their spot; glancing over her shoulder briefly before speaking.

"Mirabels been bugging me a bit, can you guys distract her while I finish my chores." She hit Camilos shoulder roughly with a 'thanks!' Jogging off to hear a man talk about how the donkeys got out again.

"That Perra."

"Woah, Camilo Language!" The girl teased.

"Y/N!" She jolted up at the sound of her father calling for her. Sending the boy a smirk that he surprisingly mimicked, she ran up to her father quickly. He was watching with a raised brow.

"I need to go deeper in the village, the alleys can get confusing so just stay here. And if a Madrigal says they need you to go home, don't argue."

She nodded calling her Papá a goodbye as he walked deeper into the crowd of people. Turning she was surprised to See Camilo going with His Primás orders and distracting his other cousin.

Mirabels eyes widened when Y/N walked up which triggered the fact the family must've told her the gossip.

"Sorry, I have to get to Luisa, her eye was twitching-Camilio you remember because you were getting seconds."

"Wow, Gordo."

"Yeah, Casita is breaking, Mirabel listen, little cousin, Casita will be fine! I thought our Familia already said that." He chuckled, giving Mirabel a comforting squeeze of the shoulder.

"But Luisa never has anything bothering her-"

"Everyone has something bothering them, like say a Chameleon-"

"Dios Mios Y/N, the amount of times you talk about me someone would think you liked me." Camilo groaned.

Mirabel looked extremely uncomfortable as Y/N felt bile rise in her throat as she turned around and fake vomited 'realistically' onto the grass. Causing a few Bystanders to turn and watch the commotion.

After she was done with her act, she wiped her mouth and turned back around like everything was okay. Camilo looked Insulted, Y/N just reached out for Mirabel.

"I know your Familia doesn't like me that much but trust me, Luisa probably just needs time to herself and cry." Y/N said simply before turning at the sound of yet another person calling her name.

Wow she was famous, she should start taking signatures.

It was Pepa. Camilo waved at his mother.

"What are you doing out of your house-?" She questioned her son, giving her niece a glance too she let out a sigh. The rain cloud above her head started drizzling slightly.

"Mirabel, go help out with some of Casita chores."
She turned to Camilo afterwards and paused at the fact Y/N was next to him. She stared for a good minute before pursing her lips.

"Camilo, Hija, since you seem so keen on not helping out and instead of doing your chores focused with this village, go take Y/N to her house and watch until I send an actual adult up."

Pepá gave her son a loving kiss on the cheek before walking away at the calling of a person needing help with their laundry, the cloud faded.

Y/N felt like crying at the fact she would have to spend much longer time with the oh-so-annoying shapeshifter next to her. Why couldn't have the 50 year old woman just say for her to go with Mirabel? Atleast by then it would be easier for time to go by.

Mirabel let out a groan, walking back to her house, but Camilo? Camilo look utterly shocked. But, behind the mothers boy he is, he started following Y/N back to her home. Dragging his feet along the ground as the two approached it.

"So, wanna talk about your rat problem?"

"I don't have a rat problem." He defended.

"Well unless their is a man living in your walls, you don't have a rat problem." She pulled a key from under the flower pot, sticking it in the door with a click.

He argued, "Unless their is a man in Casitas walls, I'll never enjoy spending time with you."