"Oh." I can use this against Calvin when the time comes. "What else?" No answer comes. "Sue." I whisper, then I look down and notice she's already asleep, breathing slower and her eyes shut peacefully. A soft smile plays on my lips and I yawn, realising I need to sleep as well.

***

In the morning, I startle when I wake up next to Sue, she's still peacefully sleeping, then I remember last night. I check what time it is from the clock hung on the wall: 6 am. It means I've slept less than four hours but I don't feel sleepy anyway. I make an extra effort while getting up not to wake Sue, and then tip-toe through the door. I descend the stairs slowly, heading to kitchen after glancing at Calvin who is sleeping on the couch, and I smile uncontrollably. Of course, in turn I roll my eyes at myself.

I pour down a glass of water to myself and drink it slowly. Everyone must be sleeping, and it's the best if I leave now. Then, no one would ever see me and nothing awkward would happen. Great plan.

Ready to climb the stairs, my eyes dart on the mirror and I realise how a situation I am in: wearing Calvin's loose t-shirt and shorts, my face totally a mess along with my hair, and I really look like a psycho. Or someone who is running away. Both of them might be true in some circumstances, though.

I immediately head to Calvin's bedroom again, checking if my clothes are dry, and when I decide so, I put them on. Grabbing my bag, I leave the door and head downstairs once again. I open the door, glancing at Calvin once more. If I leave like this, it is going to be so rude. Why do I speak as if I'm not rude? I find myself searching for a piece of paper and pen to write something down. I espy them: on the fridge. I write down: 'Thank you.' and place it next to Calvin, somewhere he can spot when he wakes up.

Closing the door softly behind me, I start walking towards home. The streets are so silent and I like that, because it's really calm to hear only the sound of wind, the tweets of birds and – wait, I should stop talking like this. It's not me, there must be something to complain about. There is always something to complain.

When I'm at door, fitting the key in, I realise the door is open before I manage to unlock it. Who I see in front of me is my father, ready to head to work and when he sees me, he frowns. "Jacqueline." There is a thick confusion in his voice.

"Dad."

"What are you doing?"

"Entering home."

He rolls his eyes. "Why now?"

"I was at my friend's."

"Okay," he murmurs, checking his watch. "I need to go, I'm running late." He doesn't say goodbye or another word. I stare after him for a while, and I think this is so sad. He doesn't even notice my face – if he did, he didn't ask me why it happened. I sigh, entering, and I know nobody really wondered about me in this house. Maybe they didn't notice my absence.

Before thinking about anything else, I head off to my bed and throw myself on it. Soon enough, I fall asleep.

***

When I wake up again, by the alarm of my phone – wait I didn't set alarm – I realise it's not an alarm but someone's calling me. I immediately get up, leaning for the phone that is on my table and groan before answering it.

"What?"

"Good morning to you, too," Calvin says, with his annoyingly cheerful voice. "I noticed your message, and why did you leave so early? You could've woken me up."

"Seriously, did you call me for this?" I huff, noticing I've been only sleeping for one hour.

"Yes," he spits, "well, I know you're not a morning person."