"You're coming?" Bailey bellows as she turns her head over her shoulder, jerking her chin toward a black Porsche 911 Turbo S. She beeps it open as all the eyes remain on us.

Huxley's High outcast and little miss popular.

"Nice c-car." I declare when she reaches for the door handle of her Porsche, looking completely unfazed by everyone's attention on her. Her lips stretch into a smile as she yanks the door open. I stay rooted in the same spot, never finding the strength to move my feet and follow her.

"Thanks! I'm glad to hear that." She replies and winks with one foot inside the car. Her eyes continue to summon mine and it feels like I'm locked in a trance. Slinging my bag over my shoulder, I gulp before following her, slipping into the passenger seat, with her getting into the driver's. Her sweet vanilla-coconut scent invades my nostrils the second I enter her car. I breathe in her scent, inhaling the sweet combination of smell like I'm a junkie chasing my next high.

"You know what? I'm sure we are gonna nail this project!" Bailey says, breaking the uneasy silence. Firing up the car, the deep rumble of the engine vibrates beneath us. I quickly pull my seatbelt on and she pushes her gear into first, driving us out the long driveway.

"Y-yeah..." I reply as shoot my gaze out the windshield, watching the blur of trees pass. My fingers start toying with the hem of my skirt, tension fills the space and it's almost suffocating.

"We can still ask Mr. Cole to switch our partners so you could be with Blak-"  I blurt out without thinking and her voice cuts me off before I could finish speaking my thoughts.

"Why would I do that? Do you want to do it? That's why you're saying that?" There's no hint of humour in her tone, my gaze snap to hers. Disappointment swirls in her grey eyes as she shakes her head, her blonde waves falling over her slender shoulders.

"N-no! I-it's not what I mean! I just t-thought someone like you wouldn't want..." I trail off before tucking my brown hair behind my hair. I turn my attention back to the windshield, staring off into the distance.

"Eyes on me, Millie. I wouldn't want what?" She teases and I twist my head to face her, running my eyes over her.

"I t-thought you wouldn't want to do this project with someone l-like me." I answer, ignoring the heat spreading through my cheeks. She studies me with quiet interest and I see her fingers tense around the steering wheel out the corner of my eye. I want to look away from her gaze, but I can't.

"Someone like you?" She repeats my words back to me as she brings her attention to the road ahead of her. She licks her lips as I battle internally to drop my eyes from her.

"Bailey I-" I start, searching for the right words as my heart speeds up.

"If I truly wanted to make this assignment with Blake, Mr. Cole wouldn't have wasted his time partnering me up with you. I can guarantee you that." She explains, sliding a strand of hair behind her ear and pivoting her face to me. I swallow down the lump of emotion in my throat as my gaze lingers on her heart-shaped face, entranced in her pure, innocent beauty.

So sweet and forbidden. What would she taste like? 

"What do you m-mean?" I ask, tilting my head. Something deep inside my brain doesn't understand why Bailey accepted doing this project with me. Bailey and Blake have our town at their feet, everyone respects and fears them. I know our teacher would have partnered them up if one of them had asked him. He wouldn't have refused. He simply couldn't.

"We're almost arrived." She adds, ignoring my question and curving her lips into a smile. I turn my face toward the windshield as we pull into a high-gated driveway. She rolls down her window before punching in a code. After a few seconds, the gate opens and we drive down the private road, trees line our way.

"Wow..." I stare in awe as we come to a circular entryway with a breathtaking marble fountain sitting in the middle. A laugh flies out of Bailey's lips and she parks her car in front of her house, pulling up the brake. I lean forward, staring at the stone mansion greeting me.

"Shall we go?" Bailey's velvet voice pierce my thoughts, eliciting a shiver through my body. She cuts the engine and I twist my head to face her.

"Y-yes." I manage to say as my heart kicks against my ribs, a wave of excitement crashes over me.

"I promise I only bite if you beg me to." She explains while staring up at me through her thick eyelashes. She cocks her head and her eyes travel over my face, lingering on my parted lips.

You're going to ruin me, Bailey.

__
Vote & comment <3
( My Pinterest is Sdcsta )

__Vote & comment <3( My Pinterest is Sdcsta )