II

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

i wanted to visit the maple tree once again since last time i was interrupted by the intruder. i knew of the risk of crossing their path again, but the longing to visit this 'memorial' was stronger. this time it seems that our roles have changed because there, in the crown of the very tree i was coming to visit, sat the masked person.

"what an odd situation, seems that you have made the same silly mistake i did last time the wind brought us together."

i voiced out my thoughts as i took small, cautiouts steps towards the stranger. their head snapped towards me and i could feel the tension in the air rise.

"are you really stupid enough to show yourself here again after i threatened you with death?"

they said in a low tone trying to sound dangerous. i could see the surprise flash through their eyes when i let out a soft chuckle.

"oh don't get me wrong. it would be unwise of me to underestimate you, especially after our first encounter. but don't think i don't have a way to defend myself. how else do you think i would be able to ensure my safety out in a wilderness like this?"

i could fell their eyes scan me up and down but they said nothing. i took it as a silent agreement and took a seat an one of the roots of the sturdy tree.

"why would you even get near me? its clear that you know that i am a part of the fatui... so why?...."

i could hear them scoff above me. i paused for a moment to form an answer in my head before answering.

"you presented yourself as someone dangerous in every one of our exchanges and yet you carry the aura of someone who tries to hide themselves away from the world in order not to get burned..."

i let my voice die down at the end to let them think about it. i could hear them inhale sharply above me before jumping down swiftly and speeding away into the dark forests of inazuma.

'seems like i hit a sensitive spOt... i wonder if they're ever going to show up again'

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───