Sophie Skelton? No. Lily Potter—Evans in this time period. Callie gasps, assuming from the fancasts. It was her green eyes that gave her away aside from that smile she was giving at James who was startled at the girl's sudden appearance.

"Where are you four going?" she asked, suspiciously yet she only meant it as lighthearted.

But the boys can't seem to see past her suspecting demeanour. In unison, the four replied, "The Great Hall", "The Library", "Owlery", and "To the common room".

Callie wanted to slap her forehead that time but she couldn't. She must not make a noise or else she would, even more, complicate the situation. Hence why she bit her tongue and kept a hand firmly over her mouth, screaming in her head.

She watched as Lily raised a brow, still having that smile, watching the Marauders try to come up with what to say next. But it ended up as just another big mess. "Yeah, we're headed to the common room", "Library, actually", "I was kidding, we're going to the library", "Yes, owlery," they all said in unison.

Lily narrowed her eyes, the smile slowly fading as she intently kept her gaze on the four. "What prank are you four up to this time?" She sounded as if a mother was about to give her kids the lecture of their lives. “I thought you were already done with it.” She couldn’t believe that they were breaking their promise to her. They already swore that they would stop pranking.

"It isn't a prank—" James tried to reason but Lily cut him off.

"So there is something."

"Yes, but— We are just helping a friend, all right? Nothing else, I promise."

“A friend? Who?”

James’ tongue rolled in his mouth. He just dug a deeper grave for them. And neither the Marauders had any reply to save his butt.

“Who is it, James?” Lily insisted. For all she knew their circle was just the four of them. Sure, they talk to other students but most of them are just acquaintances. 

“Nobody important, trust me.” James held her arms, rubbing his hands up and down as a means of assurance. “This friend just needs a favour, okay? It’s nothing big but this friend wants it to be a secret.”

Lily kept her eyes narrowed for a moment, contemplating whether to believe James or not. But for the record, her boyfriend hadn't done much pranking compared to the last few years. Besides, he seemed genuine when he was reasoning. What was her reason not to believe his words? She trusted James. More than she thought she could. 

Her forehead smoothens. Her face seemed much calmer than earlier. "Make sure you won't get in trouble helping this friend of yours, all right?" With a kiss on James' cheek, Lily left the five who were too stunned to move for a brief moment. That was a close call.

"Let's go?" asked Remus, earning a nod from the rest. 

As much as Callie wanted to scream seeing her ship sailing, she kept it in her head. She couldn't afford Lily questioning them again, now, could she?

Recovering from the shock that they were almost caught, they advanced towards Dumbledore's office. The nearer they got, the fewer number of students lingered around. Until there was none and they arrived in front of a gargoyle guarding the circular staircase.

She wasn't sure if the password was what it was in the books or movies. She didn't know if the password changed over time but she had to try something. After clearing her throat, she said, "Sherbet Lemon."

But it didn't move. 

"Cockroach clusters."

Again, it wasn't moving.