Chapter 26: Escape in Yuanling Swamp

(Part 1)

The scorching breath instantly flooded Yuanling Swamp. Qing Mu lowered his eyes, and strong spiritual power poured out of his body. His hands quickly drew out a spell. The golden light covering the formation was about to collapse, and at the same time, an immortal sword flooded with white light flew towards the peach forest. Qing Mu raised his eyebrows but did not stop it. Only after the white light entered did he completely unite the formation.

The roars of the Three-Headed Fire Dragon were outside the formation, and even a large portion of the bloody killing intent was blocked. Feng Ran looked at the soaring shadow of a dragon through the vague formation and breathed a sigh of relief. At least they could block it for a while. Before she could smile, she saw the person who was breaking into the peach forest, and her eyes sank.

One meter away, the young man's navy blue robes were burnt and torn, and even his hair and eyebrows were scorched. He was squatting on the ground, panting heavily, his face showing immense rejoicing. Although he wasn't as noble, gentle, and elegant as he was on Liaowang Mountain, there was an addition of unusual cunning and anger.

"Jing Jian, why are you here and not cultivating in Juxian Pond?"

Feng Ran looked at the squatting young man unkindly, her tone unhappy. The broken wheel pinned to Jing Jian's waist was still glowing with a faint white light. She knew why the Three-Headed Fire Dragon failed his promotion. The Second Highness of the Heavenly Palace had nothing better to do and provoked this evil being. Yuanling Swamp was shrouded in gray mist and it was difficult to see the sky. Even if he died here this time, the Heavenly Emperor would probably not be able to rush to him in time.

Jing Jian gave a bitter smile, put away his broken immortal sword, and stood up. His face was pale, but there was a different look in his eyes, "Juxian Pond can only condense spiritual power. If the foundation is unstable, it will be counterproductive. Jing Zhao has never suffered, so Heavenly Mother allowed her to enter and had older brother take care of her inside. As for me, instead of wasting time there, it's better to come to Yuanling Swamp to practice, where spiritual power condenses faster. Lord Qing Mu, thank you for saving me just now."

He had a peaceful expression. Although he was full of embarrassment, he was not rube in the slightest, and he bowed towards Qing Mu.

"Jing Jian, did you use the Demon Slayer Wheel just now on the Three-Headed Fire Dragon to prevent its promotion?" Beckoning to an angry Feng Ran, Hou Chi groaned and asked lightly.

Standing aside, Qing Mu and Feng Ran both raised their eyebrows. Hou Chi wasn't usually respectful to the Heavenly Emperor's family, but unexpectedly, she treated Jing Jian differently.

"Yes." Jing Jian subconsciously replied, obviously stunned. Only then did he raise his eyes to look at the girl beside Qing Mu. Hou Chi right now did not have the nobility that she did on Da'ze Mountain, nor did she have unparalleled beauty that she had as a child. Her face even carried an ordinary girl's air. Only her eyes were the same: black and meaningful. Jing Jian looked at her for a long time, and couldn't help but feel a little astonished. He hesitated for a moment before saying, "Goddess Hou Chi?"

Hou Chi nodded her head, raising her eyebrows and saying, "I didn't expect that the Heavenly Emperor would allow you to come here to practice."

Jing Jian felt a little awkward after hearing Hou Chi bring up the Heavenly Emperor. He blinked and said, "Goddess, even if I am a prince of the Heavenly Realm, I still have to cultivate my power. Although Yuanling Swamp is dangerous, there are many demon beasts, and it is a good place to cultivate spiritual power. I have been here for a year and have not been to the cultivating grounds of the Three-Headed Fire Dragon. I originally planned to leave today, but I unexpectedly discovered that it was about to be promoted to a god, so I used the Demon Slayer Wheel to stop it."