I scowl. "Of course I don't! Fuck you, I just... How can we trust them? I have never seen these motherfuckers in my entire life before!"

"Well, you did hear about them through Doctor D, and you know that if Doctor D–"

"If Doctor D trusts someone, it means they're really worth it," I groan, rolling my eyes as he did earlier. "But that's not the point!"

"Jealous?" Kobra chuckles, the amusement playing on his grin. "Jealous that they're also good at tech, that they're besties with (k/n)?" He acts like I wasn't glaring at him, which is way more stressing than if he had actually reacted. "C'mon, give them a chance. We will break them if they hurt you or anything."

"Right," I sigh, looking away for a moment. "You promise?"

"I promise."

Despite the hours going by, Party is still nowhere to be seen – presumably working on something on his own – while Jet just makes occasional appearances, mainly focused on taking a look at War and Sour's bikes since he was already supposed to mess with Trans AM, after all. Kobra sometimes disappears and I wish (k/n) would be here to spend time with me since he's got some knowledge on tech, so he helps me sometimes. I just can't focus on this next bomb I'm supposed to make. It just– Fuck, my brain just doesn't put the steps together.

"Wow, you still working? Candy did mention that you never stop." And it's War again. I lean back against the wall as I sit on the floor in the gas station area, crossing my arms over my chest. "Like, do you make lots of bombs of the same model or not? Maybe just if ordered?" Past him, Candy is talking Sour. Do they never stop?

"Okay," I sigh. "It works like this..."

- -Party's POV- -

It has been a whole fucking day and (k/n) – Skull Candy, whatever – never came after me. And didn't give attention to me; the most I got were distant answers and I do want him to be happy, y'know? But I want to be by his side while he is happy, not pushed away. Maybe I don't deserve the good things because there goes another person I actually... like a lot. A little more than just like, perhaps. The point is that it hurts to see him barely look at me after War and Sour came around, and he promised things wouldn't change and that he wouldn't leave. Wait, did he actually promise or did I just trick myself? Holy Destroya, Party, look at yourself! Being the crazy bitch they always call you.

The most annoying thing about all of it must be how averting my attention away from this is simply impossible – the thoughts are slipping in my mind and taking over whenever I least expect it to happen. Can anyone blame me, though? My days had been reduced to giving (k/n) most if not all of my attention, then he's suddenly distant. What am I supposed to do now? Smile and wave him goodbye? Okay, maybe.

I find myself once again seeking comfort in just being alone with myself because, after all, I don't think snapping at people and giving Sour and War a bad impression would help at all. It could even upset Candy. Everything is silent now, so maybe they're tired or off to their own activities, but I don't want to be there. Not with a red, swollen face.

The first time I hid myself under the counter in what used to be a convenience store was actually to hide from Dracs – an event that thankfully didn't lead BLI to knowing our whereabouts –, but then I ended up finding some sort of peace here because no one expects me to be here. No one is going to find Party fucking Poison here crying because of his feelings and that's enough.

I mean, almost no one. Someone who hasn't learned not to wander around here like the rest of my gang has.

(K/n)'s face pops into my vision, upside down since he's probably leaning over the counter to peek under it, and it's possible to see the smile forming on his face even in the dark. "There you are," he says softly and disappears to show up again crawling in next to me. He's about to say something, but fuck, what if it's something I don't want to hear?