Louis takes a sharp breath. His past? How does the doctor know anything about his past? And why do the twins need to know?

If they figure out what happened to him maybe they will want to do the same things that his dad did to him. Or maybe they would think that he's too much and get ride of him.

"Louis baby, calm down. You're okay." Edward repeats.

The twins want to get in the bed and comfort him but they don't want to overwhelm him while out of headspace especially because he's in such a delicate stage at the moment.

"W-why do you n-need to know a-about my past?" Louis stutters, trying to not freak out entirely.

Louis sounds terrified and the boys hate it, no matter how important Dr. Smith thinks this conversation is they refuse to have it if it is making Louis this upset.

They are his careers and maybe this is wrong but they refuse to do anything that makes him this upset even if it is not doing exactly what the doctor wants.

Now that in no way means that they plan to not figure this situation out. No no, they are going to get to the bottom of what happened to Their baby one way or another but that's says will not be talking to Louis about it if it is hurting him this bad.

The twins look to each other and nod, both on the same page about this.

"Okay baby, it's okay." Harry says, But Louis is already deep into a worried panicked state.

His mind is now back into a dark place full of gross and haunting memories that he usually tries to push to the back of his mind but everything is bubbling back up at the thought of having to talk about it.

Just thinking about the things that his father did to him makes him feel sick and want to cry.

"Louis? You're okay baby, we don't have to talk about it, we promise just forget we ever said anything." Edward says, putting his empty hand on the boys shoulder to gently comfort him.

Louis jumps, his mind not recognizing that it's one of his daddies.

Louis's breath quickens as he remembers more and more, his brain digging up memories that he hasn't thought about since he moving to Doncaster.

Harry and Edward are shot into protective mode, they are now certain that something bad has happened to Louis In his past to make him this terrified to even think about his past and they will find whoever did this to him.

The two men let go of Louis hand and get into the small hospital bed with him, not being able to watch him like this any longer.

Ed gets behind him and pulls his small frame into his lap while Harry sits directly in front of him, grabbing both of his hands gently.

"Louis baby, I need you to take a deep breath for us. You are here in bed with your daddies, you are so safe. Nothing bad can happen, we will never let anyone or anything hurt you ever again." Harry's voice is seriously yet gentle.

Louis locks eyes with the older man as he tries his best to breath but it's difficult when all he can remember is being beaten senseless and being locked in his room or in his basement with no heat or food for days on end by his father as a punishment.

One specifically bad beating keeps resurfacing in his mind no matter how much he tries to push it down,

Louis was around twelve years old and had just gotten back from walking home from school. When he walked into the house his father was drunk out of his mind and furious.

Louis didn't even know what he did to make him so upset but before he knew it he was being kicked over and over by his father at any and every part of his body that was reachable.

He passed out after a few minutes but when he woke up he was locked in the basement, his body was so sore he couldn't even move without crying.

His father left him down there for nearly two weeks. He nearly freezed and starved to death. It was two weeks of constant agony before his father finally unlocked the door and let him out.

"Louis. Louis baby." Edward says, rocking the boy gently trying to get his attention back on them and not whatever horrible things are haunting him.

Louis just stares into space as his breathing continues to pick up, the boys can't pull him fully out of whatever state he is in.

"Harry let's try and put him into headspace. It will calm him down and hopefully bring him back." Edward says to his identical brother.

"You think? What if it's dangerous because of everything that happened?" Harry asks, not even wanting to take a chance of doing something that would hurt his Lou.

Harry and Edward know Louis and both of them know that he needs this but it doesn't take away all the worry.

Dr. Smith told them earlier that if they wanted to help him into headspace once he woke up they were welcome to because if anything were to go wrong they have him here monitored so there was nothing to worry about but the twins still had a slight nagging feeling In their minds.

"Okay you're right." Harry breathes out, knowing that he was being overly protective and that Louis needed this.

Louis is still breathing intensely as his mind is somewhere else completely.

The twins switch their position slightly so they are both behind Louis as he sits on their laps and they have their arms wrapped around his baby waist.

"Little one I need you to take a deep breath for for daddies. I know you can be our good little boy and do it, hm?" Edward whispers into the boys ear in the most loving of tones.

The word selection somehow catches Louis's attention. As he hears his daddy's voice in his ear he begins to register his surroundings a bit more, subconsciously pulling him out of the scary place his mind was stuck in.

He tries to take a deep breath but it comes out as a short shaken one, the twins are just glad they somehow got through to him.

"Good try sunshine. Do you think you can try again, hm? You did so well." Harry says softly into his other ear, placing a gentle kiss on it in the process.

Louis responses by again attempting to breathe in deep yet it is still a little weary, it's better than the last one.

But the twins know at this rate, Louis will probably pass out from not breathing properly for so long. So they do what they know has worked before.

"You are my sunshine." Harry's voice begins.

"My only sunshine." Edward joins in, finding his brothers idea to be a good one.

Louis turns slightly and looks back up at the two men, the beautifully deep voices fully getting through to him.

"You make me happy, when skies are grey"

Louis's breath actually calms for the first time in minutes.

The twins switch Louis body around so he is laid in their arms and they begin to rock him, knowing it will help calm him enough to slip.

"You'll never know dear. How much I love you."' They sing, Louis's eyes sparkle as he feels himself being pulled away from that scary place and from reality as his little mind takes over.

"Please don't take my sunshine away." They sing before repeating the short song a few times over.

After five minutes of the soft and sweet lullaby the men can see that their baby is fully in headspace because he starts to play with Harry's hand like it is the most interesting thing in the world.

His tiny hand struggles to fully wrap around a single one of Harry's fingers and it just makes the twins's hearts melt.

They are relived that Louis is no longer in whatever dark place he sent himself to but they still want to know what the hell happened to their little boy years ago.

——
Hello my darlings,
How is everyone this lovely evening?
I hope you all enjoyed this chapter.
How are you all feeling about their dynamic?
I adore each and everyone of you.
Thank you so so much for reading!
Xx