PROLOGUE|| "WHAT'S WRONG WITH YOU?!"

Start from the beginning

...

"WHAT'S WRONG WITH YOU?!"

Your eyes widened looking up at her.

"W-what are you talking about mom? I told you times before-"

"I know! I know you told me when you were smaller! We all just thought it was cute! Or that you were a tomboy!"

"Do you know how many times I've had to come from work for you!?"

"Can you just... stop this... stop this all."

"You're sixteen now for god's sake! Why couldn't you be like your sister Hanae..."

"Just get over this phase, you had your fun but now it's over."

You felt as if your soul was getting stabbed with every word that came from your mother's mouth. Your brows furrowed in a slight look of sadness.

"But mom, I can't get over this..."

"I-I'm."

"IM A BOY!"

"JUST STOP ALREADY!"

She screamed at you. She was at her breaking point. Anger painted her face and her calm tone had disappeared, she held her hands out towards you pulling your shoulders towards you and stared you deeply in the eyes.

"You're a girl! You've always been a girl! Stop this!"

"You're my daughter! But because you act like this your school expelled you!"

...

"Do you ever wonder why you have no friends?! Why people are afraid of you?!"

...

"Are you like this because your father's gone? Do you need a boyfriend or something?"

...

"I just don't understand you..."

She stopped yelling at you and let go of your shoulders backing away. Your eyes began to water hearing these words come from the woman you came out of.

"But mom... I-"

"I don't want to here it! You're going to go to Hanae's school! And you're going to wear the girl's uniform and if I get one complaint about this "I'm a guy" thing!"

...

"If you no longer want to be my daughter"

...

"T-then... then..."

"You're going to have to leave."

Your mouth fell open, the tears dwelling in your eyes had already began to fall. Your mother looked at you with a slight smile, she didn't remember the last time she's seen you cry, you were already starting to come back to her. She came closer to you and engulfed you in a hug petting the back of your head.

"It's okay sweetie, I get it, you must be confused.... Just wear the girl's uniform and you'll make some friends... they'll teach you how to be lady like."

"Just follow what they do and you'll be fine-"

You pushed the woman off of you, the tears continuing to fall to the ground.

" I KEEP TELLING YOU BUT YOU WON'T LISTEN!"

"IM A BOY!"

With tears falling down your cheeks you dashed up the stairs not daring to look at the woman. The woman stood walking you run up the stairs and disappeared out of sight. Not long after she heard the slam of your room door. She sighed to herself holding her forehead and leaning against her kitchen's island.

You would come around.

You'd come around and thank her later.

You just needed a male figure in your life.

after that you'd see.

You'd see that.

YOU'RE A GIRL.