haters

Dream looked down at his phone, hate comments flooded his screen. All he did was win creator of the year, and all he wanted was to enjoy what his success got him. He couldn't do that, now.

It hurt. It truly hurt to see the hate comments and hate tweets. It made him want to cry.

He put his phone down on his desk, leaning back into his chair. He closed his eyes, trying to think happy thoughts. Trying to stop thinking about the hate.

It was a shock that none of his friends were defending him. Yet again, it was 2am. Sapnap was asleep, George was busy. He was the only one awake at that hour.

He scooted forward to his computer, turning on his monitor. Maybe some minecraft would help clear his head. He went to go click on the launcher, when a notification from twitch popped up.

@itsfundy is now live!

"Hm.." the blonde looked at the time, then back at the notification. Screw it. He wasn't gonna get much sleep, anyway.

Clicking on the notification, the stream pulled up on the screen. Fundy sat in his room, piano behind him. The usual setup.

"Hi, Chat!" Fundy smiled, "Welcome, Welcome. Today's gonna be a chill stream, since I got no energy to be chaotic."

Dream laughed a bit, he continued to watch.

---

It was only a couple hours in, that Fundy had received a donation. A donation that completely caught him off guard.

@christyangel has donated $6.00!
hey fundy, have you seen the drama that's been going around with dream, lately?

Dream tensed up, he cursed. He didn't want Fundy to know, the last thing he wanted was for more people to get involved.

"No, can't say I have.. what happened?" Fundy asked, "Is Dream okay?" He quickly clicked on something, his face illuminated. He quickly typed into google, pulling up dream's twitter.

"Holy shit.." is all he said next. His eyes going back and forth between all the comments that he was reading. "What the fuck? The hell is wrong with people?"

Dream put his head in his hands, tears running down his face. "Goddamn it.." he put his head down on his desk.

"Alright chat, streams ending early. I'm utterly disgusted, and.. I'm gonna give Dream a call on discord. Thank you for bringing this to my attention." Fundy ended the stream without another word, quickly opening discord and calling Dream.

Dream heard the familiar ringtone of discord in his earbuds. He looked up, seeing that Fundy was calling him. With a deep, shaky breath, he answered the call.

"Are you okay?" Fundy immediately asked, not giving the blonde any time to speak.

"No.." the blonde sniffled, "I'm a fucking wreck, honestly."

"I'm sorry.." Fundy sighed, "My chat told me about it, and I couldn't focus. I had to call you, it was just required."

"I saw.." the blonde trailed off. "I'm sorry.."

"No, no. It's alright, it's okay." Fundy reassured, "It doesn't matter, what matters is that you're okay. You need to promise me, during this whole conversation, you're not going on twitter."

"I.. I promise." The blonde croaked.

"Good, we're gonna play Minecraft together, and I don't want to hear any complaining. Alright?"

He couldn't help but smile. "Okay.."

God, where would he be without a friend like Fundy?

---