Chaptor 8-New scars

"Run" Dusk's roar echoed in my ears, a cold chill ran through my body.
I looked back and huffed air and moisture out of my nostrils.

Torment clawed at my belly, I wanted so much to help my father but a barely grown lion with only a few tuffs of mane can barely take down a half witted lioness let alone a full-grown lion.
But as I thought, I wondered if I'm stronger then I think after all, I've never attacked another lion before.

two sleek lioness ran beside me about 5 whiskers away, both of Tricky's cubs.

I winced at the realization that their mother may not come back, she had stayed at the back of the retreat to give us a better chance of escaping.

I felt as if I had a bone in my throat, I could not see straight as I ran blindly, leading the sickly Elegant, her cubs that Trickys cubs carried, and cub- swollen Dust to safety.

Pure joy over came me as I saw a distant den, I scented no other predator and the den looked vacant.
I began to stride to the den, Elegant followed with a stunned look on her thin face.

Trickys cubs placed the stunned-stiff cubs in the deserted den and whipped back to face Elegant.

"Stay here with the cubs" I half snarled, Elegent drew back slightly at my sudden hostility, Dust joined her.
Before they could argue, a loud piercing Roar echoed in the distance.
My heart dropped as I knew the roar as my fathers.

I immediately sprinted back and roared back in response, cold fury filled my body as my muscles rippled with each bound.

I skidded to a stop and looked around wildly, the only male Ravage and three other scrawny mangy lionesses stood infront of my father.

I noticed with horror, Tricky sprawled behind him with blood gushing over her swollen eye.
"Your a coward Ravage!
How dare you attack my pride of Queens and newborn cubs"
He snarled dangerously as he advanced forward.

Ravage stood still for a long moment, he then threw his thin ragged mane back and laughed out as load as a roar
"PRIDE! A pride has hunters, not
cub- swollen lionesses" he faced my father again with bright amber eyes.

"Ha, says the mate of countless lionesses" my father shot back with malice lighting his pale eye.

Rumor has it, almost all of Ravages pride- including some loners, are all mates with Ravage.

Some lions have multiple mates at the same time but it is usually frowned upon among prides.

How can Ravage be so disloyal to his mates?

"Jealous!" He sneered in response lashing his tail back and forth.

The two male faced each other with hatred lacing their ashy faces.

My presence was soon found out by one of the lionesses who drew back her lips in a snarky grin "Look! A little lion" the scrawny lioness boomed.

The attention was turned to me abruptly, I burned with embarrassment expecting a more serious reveal.
I was not expecting to stand her like a star stricken cub
"Little lion wants to fight" a huge dark ashy tan lioness chuckled revealing her broken yellowing fang.

Dusk's eyes grew wide in worry, please don't tell me to leave I pleaded silently.
"Enough...." Ravage send loudly under his breath.
Without warning, he jump at my father and held on to him with thorn
sharp-claws.

I roared my support and circled the two battling lions cautiously, a battle of two leaders should not be disturbed- it would be honorless.

My father ran his claws across Ravages back making him cry out in agony, he then smashed his out streched paw to his face making Ravage fall back dazed.