The Priest Prince

Start from the beginning

"Oh my you are all grown up now."

"Some of us are" Vex said hugging her and it earned him a glare from Kol.

"Now, now this is no fighting allowed here."

"Sorry Auntie."

"It's ok, but only this time. Are you all staying for the service."

"No" Kol let out and exasperated sigh "I have to pack for my future hell."

"Kol."

"Sorry Auntie."

"Since you two are here you might as well help out. It's good for the people to see you involved" She handed Kol a tray of food.

"What am I supposed to do with this?"

"Take it out back. Cinder will show you where to put it."

"And why am I putting it back there?"

"Because I say so, now get a move on. Vex there's an extra broom in the back help Kyresan finish cleaning."

"Like he knows how" Kol laughed heading out back.

"Why is he taking food out back?" Vex asked getting the other broom.

"I don't know. I think Auntie has taken it upon herself to feed the child slaves nearby or something."

"They're just slaves I don't know why she even bothers. They are children of those who have attacked us and lost. They should be lucky they aren't killed at birth."

"Don't let Kol hear you say that."

"He getting on my nerves. No one but him and Auntie gives a damn about the slaves."

"Stop standing around talking, get to work."

We start sweeping.

A few hours later she's finally satisfied and lets me go speak to Father.

"Kyresan I'm happy to see you finally decided to join me, even though I asked for you hours ago."

"Sorry father Auntie is hard to satisfy today."

"I see. Well since you are here now I'll tell you why I have called on you. There have been reports of hostility in the Northeast near the border."

"Bandits from the north."

"I don't know the reports aren't clear."

"It isn't Wintervale, they are not fighters I don't even think they have guards."

"I would like to place you up there on a permeate basis."

"Father, thank you for your consideration I must decline. I left the life of a warrior behind when I left the battlefield. I have resumed my path to become a priest."

"You can be both. But first and foremost you are my son and as a prince of Dragos it is your job to protect your people. It's the same thing I told Kol this morning."

"Father."

"You will do your duty for this Kingdom first then you chase whatever god Vexia tells you to."

"Father Aunt Vexia will not allow me to continue with my training as a priest if I go back to the battlefield."

"Your Aunt also thinks that if she follows gods from other cultures and that if she prays really hard they will make Aroura Rain a better place. Its people like her that make other Kingdoms see us as weak and attack us. We have dragons and dragon blood running through our veins we are far stronger and superior."

"We are not the only one who have dragons, Father. I've heard stories about other kinds of dragons."

"Yes we are the only ones. Other people can tell themselves stories to make themselves sleep soudly at night. But our Dragons are bound to us. I think I would know if there were others out there. Your Aunt is weak and she has made you weak as well. Do as you are told."

"She is not weak. She lost her husband and brother because of war."

"That was there choice. They were warriors, warriors can died in battle. Your duty as a Prince comes before anything else. If you want to build a Temple for those gods up there I won't stop you. You are the second born Prince of my line and it is your job to do as I say and protect your people. I have already sent word to The Castle about your arrival. You will govern the city as mayor just like everyone else I choose to place at the boarders. Now get ready you will leave in the morning."

I leave the throne room. No wonder Kol is angry he wasn't given a choice. I really don't want to go to the Northeast. It's cold, boring and nothing ever happens up there. Wintervale is probably the most peaceful place on Aroura Rain. Maybe the fact that it is peaceful will give me time to complete my training as a priest. I don't know how I'll do that without Aunt Vexia. I got to my area of the castle and tell my servants to pack up my room and anything else I'll need in my new home. I don't really want to leave. I never liked the cold and now I'll be in one of the coldest places in the entire Kingdom. I feel sorry for whoever is stationed in the north.

I take a bath after dinner and go to bed early. I'll need to be up and ready early in the morning. It will take me four hours to fly to Evos City.

The next morning when I get up its still dark outside but the sky is starting to lighten. I wash up, have a quick breakfast get dressed and I head outside. As I walk to Kiris I can hear angry yelling. I'm pretty sure that is Kol yelling at the staff for wakeing him up so early in the morning. I want to laugh. Kol was likely up all night doing his favorite activity throwing and what I like to call a "sex party." There is lots of wine and women. He been known to have more than one or two partners in his bed at the same time. He likes woman and sex I doubt there is a woman alive who will be able to even begin to tame him.

"If you wake me up this early again I'll have your head" Kol shouted loudly.

I shake my head and watch the scene a little Shayde seems uninterested in his master yelling at the servants but the black dragon watches me as I walk over to Kiris my gold dragon.

"Hey boy, are you ready for a long journey."

He growls softly.

"I am very sorry your highness but your father told us to wake you up."

"Please your highness you need to get ready to go to Soros."

"I've already told him and you people I have no intention of governing a fucking city now get the fuck out of my face."

"Sir, please."

Shayde lets out a vicious growl and the servants back away from Kol. Some even run away.

"Last chance get out of my face or be Shayde's breakfast."

Shayde growls again and the growl chases off the rest of them. Also the threat remains just as terrifying.

"What the fuck are you looking at."

"My little brother who doesn't understand he has no choice."

"Fuck father if he wants someone to run that trash whole of a city he can do it himself" he goes back inside.

Some servants help me get everything I need on Kiris's back he hates saddles. When I travel alone I don't need one but when I need to carry stuff he needs one so everything doesn't fall off. Everything is tied down tightly with ropes. After that I head northeast.